Sheraton Minneapolis West: Your Dream Minneapolis Getaway Awaits!

Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel United States

Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel United States

Sheraton Minneapolis West: Your Dream Minneapolis Getaway Awaits!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the Sheraton Minneapolis West. Forget those perfectly polished hotel reviews; this is gonna be real. This is my hot take, warts and all, on whether this place is truly "Your Dream Minneapolis Getaway."

The Good, the Bad, and the Oh-So-Slightly-Meh: A Sheraton Minneapolis West Brain Dump

First things first: Accessibility. Listen, I'm not a wheelchair user, but I'm all about inclusivity. The website claims they're good to go, with elevator access, and it’s pretty crucial, since it looked like quite a hike, but of course it would be. This is perfect, you know, because you're going to be tired and you need this. They also have Facilities for disabled guests - a huge plus! I think everyone should be able to enjoy a Minneapolis getaway, right? Right.

Cleanliness and Safety? Let's Get Real.

Okay, so they say they’re going the extra mile. Anti-viral cleaning products. Daily disinfection in common areas. Room sanitization between stays. All good buzzwords, sure. But does it feel clean? I’m skeptical by nature. The website lists a lot of stuff. Hand sanitizer everywhere (hopefully – you know, the good stuff, not the watery kind). Staff trained in safety protocol. Cashless payment service, that's a good thing, less germs too, I think. These are all standard now, so this doesn’t blow my skirt up, but I appreciate the effort. The doctor/nurse on call makes me feel old.. but safe.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Minneapolis Adventure

Food, glorious food! This is where things get interesting, right? They boast a restaurant, a bar, a coffee shop, and a snack bar. Room service [24-hour] is ALWAYS a win, especially if you've had a long day of…well, whatever people do in Minneapolis. They also promote a buffet in restaurant, an Asian breakfast, and Western cuisine in restaurant. Now, I'm a buffet fiend (judge me), but I'm also a bit wary post-Covid. Hopefully, the Safe dining setup actually is safe. I better see some serious sneeze guards! Bottle of water, please, I'm thirsty from all this talking.

The "Things to Do" and "Ways to Relax" Debacle

Alright, here's where my inner spa snob starts to itch. Fitness center – fine, I'll probably go. Swimming pool [outdoor] and Swimming pool, perfect, I need that. They have Sauna, Steamroom, Spa? Ooh, exciting! Let's hope it's not all hype. A Pool with view, now that's a selling point, if it's a good view of course. If they say Body scrub and don't deliver, I'm writing a strongly worded Yelp review. (I'm kidding… mostly.) I hope they have Massage.

Internet and the Modern Traveler's Quandary

Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Thank goodness. This is non-negotiable in 2024. They also have Internet access and Internet [LAN] (for the dinosaurs among us?). The website is not clear about the speed, though. I'll need to stream some shows when the spa session leaves me feeling like a prune, so let's hope this connection works.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Extras That Matter

Daily housekeeping, yes please. Laundry service and Dry cleaning are golden if you're staying for a while. Concierge service – handy if you need help navigating Minneapolis, which, let's be honest, I probably will. They also have what I can tell is Air conditioning in public area just to keep everyone cool, and elevator to bring you to your dream stay. Shuttle if the airport is nearby would be nice.

For the Kids (and the Kid in You)

Babysitting service is a lifesaver, and Family/child friendly hotels are essential for anyone with little ones. Kids meal is good.

My Personal Wishlist

Okay, so I need a REALLY comfortable bed, because all the exploring and relaxing is going to make me wanna sleep all day and night. I’m talking, like, cloud level. I need a window that opens, because I can't breathe in a stuffy hotel room. It's a deal-breaker. And please, PLEASE, make sure the coffee is good.

The "Available in All Rooms" Rundown

This section needs more. Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Coffee/tea maker, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Mini bar, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Shower, Toiletries, Towels, and Wi-Fi [free] are listed. I'd love some more details. What kind of toiletries? Is the mini-bar stocked with anything besides overpriced snacks? Does the shower have decent water pressure?

The Verdict (and a Plea for Your Business)

So, is the Sheraton Minneapolis West your dream getaway? Honestly, it’s hard to say without experiencing it. The bones are there: accessibility, decent amenities, and a good location, I think. But the devil, as always, is in the details.

Here's my pitch:

Book your Minneapolis escape at the Sheraton Minneapolis West and you could be escaping from the dreary day-to-day in no time! They promise clean rooms, good food, ways to relax, and a friendly staff.

For me, a great stay isn't just about the place; it's about the feeling. It's about coming back to a clean, comfortable room after a day of adventures. It's about the little touches that make you feel pampered.

Sheraton Minneapolis West, if you read this: Prove me wrong! Surprise me! Make my Minneapolis getaway a true DREAM. Give me a spotless room, a killer massage, and a really, really good cup of coffee. Then, and only then, will you have earned the "Dream Getaway" title.

**APA Shinagawa Sengakuji: Your Tokyo Escape Awaits!**

Book Now

Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. Because this isn't your grandma's polished travel itinerary. We're going messy, we're going real, and we're going to the Sheraton Minneapolis West, bless its concrete-and-carpet heart. Here goes nothing…

Sheraton Minneapolis West: A Rollercoaster of a Weekend (Maybe?)

Friday: Arrival and Arrival Angst

  • 2:00 PM: Alright. Let's be real. The flight? Delayed. Standard. Found myself wedged between a chatty guy who really wanted to tell me about his cat, Mittens (bless), and a baby who decided the altitude made their vocal cords sing opera at 40,000 feet. Arrived at MSP (Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport) looking like I'd lost a fight with a tumbleweed.
  • 3:30 PM: Taxi ride from the airport. The driver, a stoic woman named Barb, didn't crack a smile, but hey, she got me there. Found the Sheraton, or at least a Sheraton, after circling the block twice because the GPS apparently hates me.
  • 4:00 PM: Check-in. The lobby is… well, a lobby. Standard hotel lobby. The lady at the desk, bless her heart, was trying. "Welcome to the Sheraton!" she chirped. I mumbled something about "survival and caffeine." My room… decent. Definitely had that “business traveler’s refuge” vibe.
  • 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM: Unpacking. The ritual of hotel life. Unpacking is a crucial and meditative practice where you spread your belongings and realize how much you've dragged with you. Where do I put that thing? What about the charger? I'm already rummaging and searching for a phone charger. Ugh. Oh well, I do have a great view of the parking lot.
  • 6:00 PM: This is the part I dread, the eating, the alone eating. Dinner at the hotel restaurant, "The Restaurant." (Original, right?) The waiter, a sweet kid with a name tag that said "Brad," seemed genuinely concerned when I ordered the burger. He actually asked, "Are you sure you want the burger? It's… a burger." I should've listened. It was bland. Like, really, really bland. I ate it anyway. Had to. Starving.
  • 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM: Attempted relaxation in the room. Watched some cable TV. Realized I’d forgotten my noise-canceling headphones. Hotel quiet is not really that quiet. The guy next door seems to be having a very enthusiastic phone conversation. And the AC is starting to sound like a dying vacuum cleaner.
  • 9:00 PM: The moment of truth. The bed. Soft? Hard? Pillows fluffy? No complaints so far. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Saturday: Adventures in Edina (and a Near-Meltdown)

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up. The vacuum cleaner is still there, but I’m awake. Coffee! Need coffee, stat. The in-room coffee situation? Grim. Think watery brown liquid.
  • 8:30 AM: Hit the hotel gym. It was… a gym. Machines, weights, the whole shebang. Didn't exactly feel inspired to get in shape, but at least I got some fresh air.
  • 9:30 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. The buffet. Honestly, it's a buffet. The eggs looked suspiciously green.
  • 10:30 AM: Head to Edina. Heard it was the place to be. Took an Uber. The driver, a guy named Carlos who seemed to know every shortcut in the area, told me about the best places to eat. This is a good sign.
  • 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Exploring Edina. The stores were fancy. Everything was beautiful but I'm just window shopping, and I can't help but feel like I'm not belonging here. I decided to wander into a cute little cafe. Ordered a latte. People were chattering and laughing. I feel like I'm a cartoon character standing in a still painting.
  • 1:00 PM: Oh god. Lunch. Found a cute bistro. Almost had a panic attack trying to decipher the menu. So many options. "What do I WANT?!" I barked to myself. Settled on a salad, which I promptly spilled all over my shirt. (I'm sure the other diners noticed.)
  • 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: The Mall of America. This is a beast of an adventure! Huge, bright, overwhelming. Found myself wandering like a lost lamb. Saw a roller coaster, shops galore. Then, a complete meltdown. The noise. The crowds. The relentless consumerism. I found a quiet bench, took a deep breath, and contemplated going back to the hotel to just watch Netflix.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Back to the hotel. A nap. Thank god for naps.
  • 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel. I was almost afraid of this meal. Brad saw me, and his eyes widen. He knew. Fortunately, I found the bar. The burgers were only slightly less terrible. Talked to a friendly bartender named Dave, who seemed to have seen it all. He gave me a complimentary glass of wine. Bless him.
  • 8:00 PM: The view from the bar was pretty good. Sat here, pondering all of my life's choices, and the fact that I forgot to pack my chapstick.
  • 9:00 PM: Hotel room. Watch TV again. Attempted a good night's sleep.

Sunday: Departure and Rambling Thoughts

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up. The AC is still going strong. Maybe it's a friend now.
  • 8:30 AM: Breakfast. Buffet again. They are all the same.
  • 9:30 AM: Check-out. It was easy.
  • 10:00 AM: Taxi to the airport. Sad to go.
  • 11:00 AM: Airport. Waiting for my flight. The airport feels familiar.
  • 1:00 PM: On the plane. Thinking about the trip. Was it worth it? Maybe. Would I go back? Probably not. But hey, at least I survived.

This, my friends, is the raw, unedited truth. The Sheraton Minneapolis West? Perfectly fine, but not exactly a story I'll be telling for years to come. But the trip? That's another story entirely. And that's the beauty of travel, isn't it? The mess, the misadventures, the moments of sheer panic mixed with the quiet beauty of simply being somewhere new. And maybe, just maybe, finding a decent burger.

Unbelievable Deals: Book Your Dream US Stay at Quality Inn & Suites!

Book Now

Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel United States

Okay, spill it. Is the Sheraton Minneapolis West *actually* a dream getaway, or is that just marketing fluff? (And are the beds comfortable?)

Alright, alright, let's be real. "Dream getaway" is a *big* promise. Look, I'm a sucker for a good hotel, and I've stayed in my fair share of… less-than-dreamy places. The Sheraton Minneapolis West? It's…pretty darn good. Not knocking on clouds here, but it definitely *is* a solid contender for a relaxed weekend. The beds? Oh, the beds. Pure, glorious, coma-inducing comfort. I sank into that thing like a marshmallow in a hot chocolate. Honestly? That alone almost made it a dream. Almost.

I'm not going to lie though, the first time I went, there was a *slight* issue. The key card reader was a bit…temperamental. Cue me, shuffling from foot to foot in the hallway, feeling like I'd aged ten years while trying to swipe it. Finally got in, though. And the bed? Worth the wait.

What's the deal with the location? Is it actually *in* Minneapolis, or...?

Okay, geography lesson time! Technically, it's in Minnetonka, which is a suburb. *However*, let me tell you, it's close enough to Minneapolis that you'll probably forget you're not *in* the city. Easy access to highways, which means you're basically a hop, skip, and a jump away from everything. Museums, breweries, that amazing art deco theater downtown... it's all within reach. I felt like the location was a HUGE win. It’s a good balance; close enough to the city without being stuck in the city-city chaos, you know?

Plus, you're right by the Ridgedale Center (perfect for a shopping spree, or, let's be honest, an emergency chocolate run).

They say they have a restaurant. Is the food any *good*? I've been burned by hotel restaurants, you know.

Oh, the dreaded hotel restaurant question! I understand your pain. I'm still recovering from… *ahem*… a particularly uninspired plate of scrambled eggs somewhere. (Shudders). The Sheraton's restaurant, Four Seasons, is… surprisingly decent. I went in with low expectations, which is always a good strategy, right?

I had the burger. Don't judge. Sometimes you just *need* a burger. And it was GOOD. Like, actually craveable. My wife had the salad and she also loved it. The service was also friendly which it always helps, and the cocktail list was good. Okay, sure, it's not going to win any Michelin stars, but it's a solid choice for a convenient and tasty meal. I'd go back, which says a lot.

Also, the breakfast buffet… don't miss it. Just sayin'.

What about the amenities? Pool? Gym? Anything to keep me entertained besides the comfy bed?

Okay, yes! Amenities are important. The pool is lovely, but... and here’s a funny thing... I didn't *actually* go in it. I'm a terrible hotel pool user. Always planning to relax, always getting distracted. I think the *idea* of the pool is what does it for me, you know? The potential. The thought. But it looked really inviting, I saw other people enjoy it. Also, from my limited observations, VERY clean.

The gym, I did use. Because I felt guilty about all that fantastic food. It's a decent gym, well-equipped. I wouldn't say it's a state-of-the-art fitness center, but it has everything you need for a good workout. Treadmills, weights, the usual suspects. There was a guy there who looked like he was training for the Mr. Universe contest, which, you know, slightly intimidating, but I focused on my own little world.

There's also WiFi, which is, sadly, a necessity. It was reliable, which is more than I can say for some places. And parking seems to be OK.

Is the hotel good for families? I have small kids.

This is always a tricky one, right? I didn't see a ton of kids when I was there, but the overall vibe seemed pretty child-friendly. The pool is a huge draw, obviously. The restaurant has kid-friendly options. The rooms are spacious enough (I saw several of them during my stay), so you could easily set up a little play area.

The staff seemed genuinely friendly, which is key when you have little ones. They didn’t seem to mind minor chaos, you know, a little "whoops" here, a little spilled juice there. I'd say it's a solid choice for families wanting a comfortable, convenient stay. I saw one family playing cards in the lobby, looking very relaxed. That, to me, is a good sign. No screaming, no meltdowns (that I witnessed, anyway!). Maybe bring some snacks!

Anything I should know, like hidden fees or random quirks?

Alright, here's the nitty-gritty! Always read the fine print, folks! My advice? Always check parking fees. Seems pretty standard, but it's good to know. I don't recall any *crazy* hidden fees, but it's always worth double-checking.

Quirks? Well, as I mentioned, the key card reader can be a bit…particular. Patience is a virtue, my friends. Also, the elevators can take a *minute* sometimes. Don't panic if you're waiting for what feels like an eternity. Just breathe. And, oh! The view from my room was…okay. Not the grandest panorama in the world. But hey, who spends their whole time in a hotel room looking out the window? (I do, sometimes. Don't judge.) The important thing is that you don't have a view of a parking lot.

Would you go back?

Absolutely. Without a doubt. Look, the Sheraton Minneapolis West isn't perfect. It's not the Ritz-Carlton, you know? (Though I wish it was sometimes!). But it's a solid, comfortable, convenient place to stay. The bed alone is worth the price of admission for me. And the location makes it a great base for exploring the Twin Cities. Would I stay there again? Yes. Do I plan to? You betcha. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm suddenly craving a burger...

Quick Hotel Finder

Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel United States

Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel United States