
Lusaka's Luxury Awaits: Unforgettable InterContinental Experience
Lusaka's Luxury Awaits: An InterContinental Experience… with a Few Hiccups (But Honestly, Worth It!)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on the InterContinental Lusaka. Forget those sterile, perfect reviews – you're getting the REAL scoop. And trust me, it’s a rollercoaster. The promise? "Unforgettable." Did it live up? Mostly! But not without a few… ahem… interesting moments.
First Impressions & Accessibility: Smooth Sailing (Mostly)
Let's start with the basics. Getting there? Airport transfer was slick! I got whisked away from the dusty airport chaos in a comfy car, and the driver even pointed out a few interesting landmarks. Big plus for anyone new to Lusaka.
Accessibility? Yeah, they've got it. Elevators, ramps… it all seemed pretty in line. Crucial stuff, and they seem to have taken it seriously. Now, I didn't need wheelchair access myself, but I did notice the thoughtfully designed public spaces. That's always a good sign, because it shows they really care.
Check-in: Quick and painless! The contactless thing is definitely a vibe. No fumbling with paper, and the staff? Super friendly. I actually asked for a change of room because… (more on that later…), and they handled it with ZERO drama. Seriously, a rare win!
The Room: Oh, the Room! (And the Mystery of the Shower Pressure)
Okay, so the rooms themselves? Gorgeous. Like, genuinely stunning. Think plush carpets, blackout curtains (essential!), and a seriously comfy bed. Seriously, the bed was like sleeping on a cloud of pure bliss. I may have accidentally overslept more than once….
Now, here’s where things get a bit… off-kilter. Internet access? Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? YES! And generally, it performed pretty well for streaming cat videos (research, people!). Internet [LAN]? Yeah, I saw the port, but I'm more of a Wi-Fi gal. Internet services? Fine, no issues.
The biggest hiccup? The shower pressure. Seriously abysmal. Like, a sad trickle that barely managed to get my hair wet. I mentioned it to the front desk, and as I said, they were amazing about it, switching me to a different room. The shower pressure in the new room? Better, but still not perfect. It became a running joke, but honestly, the rest of the experience was so lovely, I couldn't be mad. (Though, seriously, InterContinental, sort out those showers!).
Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling Secure (And Sanitized!)
Alright, pandemic-era travelers, breathe easy. Cleanliness and safety? Top-notch. They're really on it. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, individually-wrapped food options, and staff trained in safety protocol? Yep, yep, and yep. I felt genuinely safe. They even had hand sanitizer dispensers everywhere!
The rooms are sanitized between stays which is super reassuring. The staff is trained in safety protocol, which I noticed in the way they took every step with care. Physical distancing of at least 1 meter? Check. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items? Double-check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Absolutely. You can feel the diligence, which is important.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Feast for the Senses (and the Schedule!)
Okay, this is where the InterContinental Lusaka truly shines.
Restaurants: Plural! They’ve got a variety, which is excellent. I tried the buffet (more on that later…) and the a la carte options. A la carte? Delicious. International cuisine? Absolutely. Asian cuisine? Yep, they had some fantastic options. Coffee/tea in restaurant? Essential!
Breakfast [buffet]? Okay, so here’s my confession: I'm a HUGE breakfast person. This buffet? It nearly broke me. In a good way. Think everything you could possibly want: fresh fruit, pastries that melted in your mouth (seriously, those croissants!), eggs cooked to order, and an entire section dedicated to… drumroll please… crispy bacon! Sigh. Even the Asian breakfast options were top-notch. Breakfast takeaway service? Yep, if you need something to go. Buffet in Restaurant? Yes Soup in Restaurant? Yes
Here comes the hiccup: One day I overslept because…. the bed! So I missed breakfast. I opted for the 24-hour room service. What I got was a delicious breakfast in my bed. Breakfast in room? You bet.
Poolside bar? HEAVEN. You can chill with a cocktail, eat some snacks, and generally feel like a glamorous jet-setter. The pool with a view? Gorgeous. I spent an afternoon basking in the sun with a margarita in my hand. I had a bottle of water and coffee
Happy hour? YES! Let's just say I made the most of it.
Services and Conveniences: They Thought of Everything (Almost!)
Air conditioning in public areas? Duh! Concierge? Extremely helpful. Currency exchange? Convenient. Daily housekeeping? My room always looked sparkling. Doorman? Always helpful and friendly. Dry cleaning, Ironing service, Laundry service? They have it all.
Business facilities? They’ve got the basics covered. I used the Xerox/fax in the business center to print a document or two. The meeting/banquet facilities looked impressive, though I didn’t attend any events.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Pamper Yourself! (Or Not!)
Okay, this is where the "Luxury Awaits" part really kicks in.
Pool with view? Yes! I will repeat myself! Spa? Absolutely. The massage was incredible. I feel like I could've stayed there for days. Sauna, Steamroom, Fitness Center? Yup, and all of them were clean, modern, and ready to go!
Me? I opted for the Spa/sauna. Amazing.
For the Kids (or the Kid in You!):
Family/child friendly? Yes, they have a babysitting service and kids facilities. I saw a few families enjoying the pool, and everyone seemed happy.
Getting Around:
Airport transfer? Check. Car park [free of charge]? Check. Taxi service? Readily available.
The Verdict: Worth It (Even with the Weak Shower Pressure!)
Look, the InterContinental Lusaka isn’t perfect. That shower pressure issue drove me a little crazy. But the positives FAR outweigh the negatives. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, the rooms are stunning, and the food? Delicious. The facilities are top-notch, and the overall vibe is one of relaxed elegance.
Would I go back? In a heartbeat. In fact, I’m already dreaming of those breakfast croissants… and maybe bringing my own super-powered shower head.
Here is Your Unforgettable InterContinental Offer
Book your Lusaka Getaway NOW and Experience the Luxury!
Here’s what you get:
- Exclusive Discount: Get 15% off your stay when you book directly through our website using Code: LUSAKA15.
- Complimentary Upgrade: Enjoy a free room upgrade, based on availability!
- Free airport transfers: Get a free Airport transfer when you book the suites
- Unforgettable Culinary Experience: Indulge in a complimentary welcome drink at our Poolside Bar and a free breakfast at the restaurant.
- Ultimate Relaxation Package: Book our Spa package and receive a free 60-minute massage!
- Guaranteed Comfort and Security: Enjoy access to fully sanitized rooms and public spaces during your stay!
What are you waiting for? Lusaka is calling!
Alicante's Hidden Gem: Boutique Hotel Calas Will Blow You Away!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your average, sterile travel itinerary. This is… well, this is my attempt to wrangle my brain into a coherent trip plan, but let’s be honest, it's gonna be messier than a baboon with a bag of chips. We're talking InterContinental Lusaka, Zambia. And I’m bringing all my baggage (both literal and metaphorical) along for the ride.
Arrival: Lusaka - The Great Disconnect (Day 1)
Morning: Land at Kenneth Kaunda International Airport (LUN). Okay, first impressions: Hot. Like, really hot. My carefully curated "safari chic" outfit (linen shirt, khaki pants, the works) is already sticking to me like a particularly clingy ex. Finding my passport and navigating the airport… let's just say I nearly tripped over a customs guy while enthusiastically bellowing "HELLO ZAMBIA!" (Mortifying.) Finally grab my bag, which, naturally, is approximately the size of a small car.
Transport to the Hotel: Pre-booked transfer through the hotel. Thank God. Roads… they're an adventure. (By adventure, I mean pothole-ridden and chaotic.) The driver is a lovely chap, though, and I'm immediately charmed by the bright smiles and the general ZAMBIAN VIBE. The drive is a whirlwind of color, noise, and dust.
Check-In at InterContinental Lusaka: The lobby is impressive, all polished marble and air conditioning that feels like a cool, blessed hug. Check-in, naturally, takes longer than anticipated. I'm battling jet lag and the aforementioned clingy clothes. There's a small hiccup with my room (turns out, I booked the "deluxe view" and I got the "parking lot view". Sigh. More negotiating (I feel like a professional haggler now) and eventually, I get a slightly better vista. Relief washes over me like a cool wave.
Afternoon: Unload and change! Now, the room is not the size of my living room BUT it is elegant, with a HUGE bed, and that's all I need at that exact moment. Shower! Ahh, glorious water. I briefly contemplated ordering room service but I have to eat lunch somewhere.
Lunch: Restaurant in the hotel. Now, I am STARVING! I've chosen the buffet; it's a gamble, but I'm playing it. The food is… interesting. A bit bland, honestly. But the service? Impeccable. So many smiling faces. I try a local dish (nshima…it’s a starchy maize porridge. Texture is… unique.). The friendly waiter watches my face closely. My reaction might have been a little… dramatic. (Picture me making a face like I'd just tasted a lemon and said "Very good. It is very good.")
Afternoon II: I have an urge to explore the hotel before I doze off. I want to find a pool, or a bar at least. Pool! Okay, it's small, but it's there, and it seems lovely. I find a sun lounger and collapse there, with a book and a glass of something alcoholic and fruity. The heat gets more intense; I find myself drifting.
Evening: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Something a little more refined this time. I order the steak. It's… okay. Definitely not the best steak I’ve ever had, but the ambiance is fantastic. The live music is… well, enthusiastic. (My review is, 'it's music, yes'. The musician seems to see my look of exhaustion and offers a smile.) The wine is good, at least. After dinner, I drag my weary bones back to my room. Sleep. Sweet, sweet sleep.
Day 2: A Touch of Culture, A Dash of Chaos
- Morning: Woke early (that jet lag is a cruel mistress). Breakfast in the hotel. Better food than last time! I go for the full English (because comfort food) and, of course, more fruit.
- Visiting the Lusaka National Museum: Taxi ride to the museum. Getting around is an adventure in itself. The traffic! The noise! The sheer energy of the city! The museum is fascinating. History, culture, art… I find myself unexpectedly moved by some of the exhibits. My attention span? Well, let’s just say it wavers. I spend a good hour staring at a display of traditional masks. The detail is incredible. I also spend a solid 15 minutes figuring out how to take a decent photo of said masks.
- Lunch: Back at the hotel. I attempt to be healthy this time and order a salad. It's a massive salad. I can't finish it. I feel slightly guilty about this. (Also, I'm starting to feel the effects of the sun. Maybe I overdid it on the pool time.)
- Shopping at a Local Arts Market: Taxi to the market. This is where things get… interesting. Suddenly I'm surrounded by a sea of vendors, all vying for my attention. Negotiating is essential. I manage to acquire a beautiful piece of carved wood. (I haggled hard, and feel rather proud of my skills.) The experience is completely overwhelming. The colors, the smells, the sheer pressure to buy something! I stumble out of the market slightly dazed and clutching my new treasure.
- Afternoon II: Back to the hotel. Collapse. More of the pool and the book.
- Evening: I've decided to be adventurous (and a little reckless) and venture out for dinner. I've been told there's a restaurant called "Olives" nearby. Taxi ride! I feel a little apprehensive about venturing out, but I'm also craving a little more local flavor. The restaurant is tucked away, dimly lit. The food? Surprisingly good! I have a delicious grilled fish dish. The atmosphere is vibrant, and I love watching the locals. A good choice.
- Post Diner: I decide to take a taxi back to the hotel. The taxi drivers are friendly and chatty, so the journey is a fun one.
Day 3: The Grand Finale (and a Plea for More Sleep)
- Morning: Wake up early. I don't know why, but I do. It's the sun's fault. It is always up. I decide to order breakfast in my room this time. More quiet.
- Morning part 2: I am checking out of the Lusaka InterContinental. A quiet, slow morning. I enjoy a final coffee, soak up the last moments in the room and take a slow, relaxed shower before leaving.
- The Airport Run: The journey to the airport is a blur of goodbyes.
- The Flight Home: The flight arrives. I'm exhausted.
Final Thoughts (aka The Rambling Conclusion):
Zambia and the InterContinental Lusaka were an experience. The hotel really was good, from the wonderful staff to the elegant lobby to the pool the heat - and the sun. I had a blast, even with all the drama!
Would I go back? Absolutely. Would I change anything? Maybe pack more sunscreen and less “safari chic.” And definitely learn a few more phrases in the local language. Oh, and maybe avoid eating the nshima. (Just kidding… mostly.)
Chongqing's Hidden Gem: Echarm Hotel Near Xinshancun Metro!
So, you're thinking about the InterContinental Lusaka? Buckle Up, Buttercup. You're about to enter a rollercoaster of emotions, and I'm here to be your slightly-too-honest, slightly-scatterbrained guide. Let's dive in!
Okay, first things first: Is this actually *luxury*? Like, legit "splurge-on-the-good-champagne" luxury, or just "fancy-ish"?
Alright, let's talk truth bombs. The InterContinental Lusaka... it *tries*. And, you know what? Sometimes it delivers. The lobby? Gorgeous. Seriously, that first impression? Swoon-worthy. Think gleaming marble, plush seating, and the faint scent of something expensive (maybe sandalwood? I'm terrible with smells). The staff? Generally lovely, always with a smile, and genuinely helpful. But... and there's always a but, isn't there?
The rooms are comfortable, yes. The beds are big enough to get momentarily lost in. The air conditioning actually works (a HUGE win in Lusaka, let me tell you). HOWEVER... I had this one room, and the shower pressure was... well, let's just say it felt like a polite drizzle. And the TV? Forget it. I spent a solid half hour trying to figure out how to turn it on. Turns out, the remote was possessed. Honestly, I almost called a priest. So, luxury? It's a sliding scale, with the "splurge-on-the-good-champagne" experience occasionally colliding with a "slightly-disappointing-remote-control-situation" reality.
The food! What's the deal with the food? Because, a bad meal can ruin a whole vacation, you know?
FOOD. Ah, my love/hate relationship with hotel food. The InterContinental has a few options. The main restaurant, the one with the buffet, is… reliable. Solid. Safe. You won't starve. You'll find things you like. But will it rock your world? Probably not. And honestly, the buffet can be a bit of a zoo at breakfast. You've got the "I-haven't-eaten-in-days" crowd, the "trying-to-make-a-pyramid-of-pastries" crowd, and the "I'm-going-to-hoard-all-the-bacon" crowd. It's… an experience.
There's also an a la carte menu, which is usually a slightly elevated experience. I had a steak there once. Perfectly cooked. But... the accompanying sauce was a bit… bland. Like it was trying to be fancy but chickened out at the last minute. Seriously, I found myself reaching for the salt shaker like my life depended on it. I'm not saying the food is *bad*, just… inconsistent. Sometimes you win, sometimes you… well, you need more salt. Explore other places. Lusaka has some incredible hidden gems you won't want to miss!
The pool. Essential. Tell me about the pool! Is it Instagrammable?
The pool... Ah, the pool. Okay, listen. The pool is *nice*. It's a good size, it’s clean, and there are usually enough sun loungers, even on a busy day. It has that calming blue water that practically begs you to jump in. Yes, it's Instagrammable. It has that idyllic feel, and it's a solid place to spend the hot afternoons in Lusaka. But... here's the real truth. Remember that 'slightly-disappointing-remote-control-situation' from earlier? Well, sometimes the pool music is a bit… questionable. Think elevator music, but with a slightly frantic tempo. It's not a dealbreaker of course, but it’s certainly something I've noticed!
What about Wi-Fi? Is it reliable? Because, you know, #worklifebalance!
Wi-Fi. Okay, so, this is my biggest gripe. The Wi-Fi is… patchy. Let's just leave it at that. One minute it's zipping along, you're streaming videos and uploading selfies, the next it's doing a dial-up impersonation. Seriously, I once spent an entire afternoon staring at a loading icon, just silently screaming at the internet. Bring a backup plan. Maybe a book. Or, you know, embrace the digital detox and actually *relax*. Either way, don't expect to rely on it for anything important.
I've heard the location is good. What's nearby?
The location is good, yes. Convenient, even! It's close to a lot of things: the city centre, some decent restaurants, museums. But… look, this is Lusaka. "Nearby" can still mean a taxi ride. Don’t expect to wander out and stumble upon a bustling, vibrant market. You'll need a car or a taxi for most of the attractions. But hey! That gives you a chance to explore the area, which offers some authentic glimpses into Lusaka life that you wouldn't get otherwise. Which is a huge win, if you ask me.
Okay, you've given me a mixed bag. Would you stay there again?
Honestly? Probably. Despite the Wi-Fi woes, the occasionally bland food, and the possessed remotes, there's a certain… charm. The staff are lovely, the pool is nice, the location is convenient (once you factor in the taxi rides). It's not a *perfect* experience, but it's a safe, comfortable, and generally pleasant one. Look, traveling is all about the stories. And the InterContinental Lusaka, with all its little imperfections, certainly gives you those. I'd go back. Just, you know, bring my own salt and maybe a portable Wi-Fi hotspot. And a priest, just in case.

