Kent State's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review!

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kent State University By IHG United States

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kent State University By IHG United States

Kent State's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review!

Okay, buckle up, because here’s the brutally honest, slightly chaotic, and hopefully helpful review of the Holiday Inn Express near Kent State. Not just a review, but a deep dive, a rambling excavation of every last detail… because, let's be real, finding a decent hotel near campus can be WAY harder than passing Calc 101.

First Impressions & Accessibility: The Initial Hurdles (And Some Wins!)

Right off the bat? The entrance felt accessible. Easy ramps, wide doors… good start, Holiday Inn. But let's get real, “accessible” is a loaded word. My friend in a wheelchair, let’s call him “Mark,” and I were arriving on an incredibly rainy day. Pulling up, the covered area just barely kept us dry while unloading. No real drop-off zone, so it was already a bit of a logistical dance.

SEO Keyword Slam!: Accessibility, Wheelchair accessible Check! They tried. The front desk was generally accommodating, and the elevators were thankfully working perfectly – huge win for us!

The Room: Cozy (Maybe Too Cozy?) and Tech-Ready

Inside, the room… well, it was a standard Holiday Inn Express room. Clean, which is always a plus. Cleanliness and safety – definitely key. Double-checked those "Rooms sanitized between stays" boxes. Good.

SEO Bonanza!: Air conditioning, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN, Coffee/tea maker, Coffee/tea in-room, Desk, Blackout curtains, Safe box, Refrigerator, Hair dryer, Smoke detector – Yep. All present and accounted for.

The Wi-Fi? Excellent. Internet – solid coverage. My laptop’s Internet access – LAN felt a little ancient until the fast Wi-Fi saved the day. Blackout curtains? Absolutely clutch for actually getting sleep after a late night at the bar (which, uh, I'm totally not judging).

The bed? Comfy, but not mind-blowing. Extra long bed was a nice touch. The bathroom was… functional. Small, but definitely clean, which is what matters.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Breakfast Blues & the “Convenience” Store

Breakfast. Okay. Breakfast [free] – it's included. But… it's that classic Holiday Inn Express breakfast buffet: mostly carbs, a few sad-looking pastries, and the ever-present Breakfast [buffet]. There were Vegetarian options – thankfully. And definitely Coffee/tea in restaurant, and I'm pretty sure someone tried to set something up with Asian breakfast. The coffee? Generic, but caffeinated. I'm not going to lie, I basically just wanted a protein bar.

They had a small Convenience store near the front desk, which turned out to be a total lifesaver since everything else was closed on Sunday. Score.

SEO Alert!: Restaurants are nearby (not* on-site, sadly)*

Things to Do (Or, Really, What You Can't Do)

This is where things get a bit… sparse. There's a Fitness center, but I’m no gym rat, so I can’t say much beyond it being there. Swimming pool [outdoor]? Closed for the season when we went. No Spa, no Sauna, no Steamroom. Nada. The only thing to do was to go into downtown to have a drink and socialize.

Services and Conveniences: All the Essentials (And Some Extras)

They had the basics: Daily housekeeping, Front desk [24-hour], Elevator. Laundry service was available, a huge plus for college students… or any of us!

Staff and Safety: Clean, but No Frills

The staff was generally friendly and helpful. They clearly are doing all the necessary Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas and Staff trained in safety protocol.

The Verdict & The Slightly Imperfect Sell (A.K.A. Why You Should Still Book)

Look, the Holiday Inn Express isn't the Ritz-Carlton. It's not trying to be. But for a budget-friendly, relatively clean, and conveniently located hotel near Kent State? It works.

Where it Shines: The Accessibility is good, as is the Internet Where it Needs Work: The breakfast and the lack of on-site amenities.

Here’s the Unvarnished Truth (And Why You Should Book Anyway):

  • Great for Proximity: You need to be near campus, you hate driving, and you want to walk, this place is pretty perfect.
  • The Price is Right: Compared to some other options, this one won't destroy your bank account.
  • It Gets the Job Done: A bed, a shower, Wi-Fi… the essentials.

The “Book Now!” Offer (Because You Deserve It, Even If This Place Isn’t Perfect):

Okay, here’s the deal: Kent State students, parents visiting for a weekend, or even just people who need a surprisingly decent place to stay near campus with FREE WI-FI? You're in luck:

Limited Time Offer: Book your stay at the Holiday Inn Express near Kent State within the next 24 hours, and you'll get:

  • A Free Upgrade (based on availability at checkin!)
  • Guaranteed Early check-in (so you can get settled in faster)
  • Complimentary Bottle of Water in your room

Click the link below to grab the deal! Don't wait – rooms book up fast!

[Insert Call to Action Button Here]

Final Thought: Look, sometimes you just need a place to crash. It’s not glamorous, but it’s reliable. And hey, at least you know what you're getting. And that, my friends, is often the best kind of surprise. So go ahead, book it. You deserve a comfy bed. (And maybe bring your own coffee maker.)

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream 2-Bed, 1-Living Room Thai Oasis Awaits!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kent State University By IHG United States

Alright, here's my attempt at a messy, honest, funny, and absolutely human itinerary for a stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kent State University. Buckle up, buttercups, because it's gonna be a bumpy (and hopefully hilarious) ride:

The "Trying to be a Functional Adult" Itinerary: Kent State Edition (aka, My Brain on Caffeine and Anxiety)

Day 1: Arrival and the Eternal Quest for the Perfect Pillow

  • 1:00 PM - Arrival at the Holiday Inn Express. (Or, more accurately, a frantic sprint from the car after realizing I left my phone charger. Again.)

    • Okay, first impressions. Lobby's… clean. Which, honestly, is a win. Check-in was smooth, thank God. Nothing worse than a frazzled front desk person when you're already running on fumes.
    • Anecdote: I swear, every time I book a hotel, I immediately start fixating on ONE THING. Last time, it was the toilet paper. This time? The pillows. I have this irrational fear of ending up with a pillow that's either rock-hard or deflates the second my head hits it.
    • Imperfection: I forgot my damn face wash again. This is a recurring theme in my life. I'm clearly destined to be a perpetually greasy-faced traveler.
  • 1:30 PM - Exploring the Room - Pillow Assessment Phase

    • Alright, operation "pillow perfection" is a go. First, the firmness test. (Squish, squish, squish… hmm, acceptable.) Then, the head-recline test. (Not bad, not bad… could be better.) Look, I'm not Goldilocks, but I have standards!
    • Quirky Observation: The artwork on the walls…well, it's definitely art. I'm not sure what it's supposed to be, but it's there. And it's… colorful? Okay, moving on.
    • Emotional Reaction: Relief. A wave of profound, pillow-induced relief washes over me. I might actually sleep tonight! A small victory.
  • 2:00 PM - Unpacking (aka, the Battle Against the Suitcase Monster)

    • Ugh. Unpacking. It's like the archaeological dig of my life. I start pulling things out, and it's a mix of perfectly folded clothes and the random, forgotten energy bar at the bottom.
    • Rambling: Why do suitcases always look so much bigger in the store? And smaller once it's FULL of stuff? Am I the only one who feels like packing is a strategic game of maximizing space? I should probably start wearing less. Or packing smaller bags. Or maybe get rid of things. The possibilities!!!!
    • Opinionated Language: Seriously, hotel rooms should be designed with more drawer space. Am I right????
  • 3:00 PM - Snack Break (aka, the Desperate Plea for Sustained Energy)

    • Gotta have some fuel. The vending machine downstairs better have something decent. I have the munchies already. I've been traveling all day and my blood sugar is crashing. I'm probably going to eat all the chips and then have an existential crisis.
  • 4:00 PM - Campus Tour (Or, the Attempt to Feel Cultured and Less Like a Tourist)

    • Okay, time to actually see something besides the inside of my hotel room! Kent State University, here I come! Hopefully, I don't get lost. (I probably will.)
    • Anecdote: The last time I tried a "campus tour," I spent half the time trying to avoid a group of teenagers who were filming TikToks. It was a disaster. I hope this time is better.
    • Emotional Reaction: Excitement. Even though I'm still trying to fight off the post-travel exhaustion, the idea of seeing a new place always fills me with a sense of wonder. And a smidge of "please don't let me be the awkward person who trips on the cobblestone."
  • 6:00 PM - Dinner at a Local Restaurant (Hopefully, it Doesn't Suck)

    • Searching Yelp for recommendations. Hoping to find something authentic, affordable, and that doesn't make my stomach churn.
    • Imperfection: I'm indecisive. Dinner choice paralysis is REAL.
    • Opinionated Language: Restaurants should have menus that clearly state what's vegetarian. I don't want to have to dissect every ingredient like a detective!
  • 8:00 PM - Evening Relaxation & Pillow Test 2.0

    • Time to take a bath and relax. I even bought a bath bomb! I am going to finally start enjoying the tiny things.
    • Pillow test again. Let see if it works!
    • Stronger emotional reaction: Sleep. Please. Just let me sleep. I need it.
    • Stream-of-consciousness: Okay, do I bring this book or that one? I'm so tired. I need more coffee. Wait, is the coffee machine in the hotel room good? Probably not. I should have brought my own french press. Oh god, I probably left something in the car!

Day 2: A Deep Dive, and the Dreaded Checklist

  • 7:00 AM - Breakfast at the Hotel (aka, the Morning Ritual of Questioning My Dietary Choices)

    • Free continental breakfast. Woohoo! (Said with a slight hint of sarcasm, because let's be honest, it's probably carbs and sugar overload. But hey, free.)
    • Quirky Observation: People watching at breakfast is always fascinating. I wonder if those two are on a first date? Is that a family vacation? Who ate all the bagels?
    • Emotional Reaction: Mild disappointment that there's no fresh fruit salad. This is going to be a long morning.
  • 8:00 AM - Work (Or, Pretending to Be a Functional Employee when I'm Really Just Craving More Coffee)

    • I'm here for work, so now I have to be productive. Okay. Deep breaths.
    • Rambling: Why does work always feel like such a slog? I should just play hooky. But I can't. Gotta be responsible!
    • Opinionated Language: Why is it always the worst possible time of day to get work done?
  • 12:00 PM - Lunch

    • Time to grab lunch. I'm starving!
  • 1:00 PM - More Work/ Exploring Kent State More

    • I said I was working, but what if I took a few hours to explore?
    • Anecdote: I'm going to find the most beautiful buildings, and it's going to be amazing.
    • Imperfection: I am so bad at directions.
    • Stronger emotional reaction: I feel like I don't belong here. I have a case of imposter syndrome.
  • 6:00 PM - Dinner

    • Time to eat! I'm feeling a little better, thank goodness.
  • 8:00 PM - Checking Out and Headed Home

    • Stream-of-consciousness: Do I check for everything? Did I lose something? Is everything ok? I have to head home!
    • Emotional Reaction: Relief! I am so happy.
    • Opinionated Language: Hotels are awesome.

So, there you have it. A messy, hopefully amusing, and brutally honest itinerary. Hopefully, it's not too much of a train wreck. Wish me luck – I'm gonna need it.

Seychelles: Your Dream Island Escape Awaits!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kent State University By IHG United States

Holiday Inn Express Kent, OH: The Good, the Bad, and the Surprisingly Beige (My Honest Review!)

So, is the Holiday Inn Express Kent really the "BEST" hotel in town, as everyone claims? What's *actually* up with this place?

Alright, let's kick this off with a dose of reality. "Best" is subjective, right? Is it clean? Yes (mostly). Is it convenient for KSU? Absolutely! Is it going to blow your mind with its luxuriousness? Honey, no. Think *solidly decent*. This isn't the Ritz-Carlton. This is, well, your standard Holiday Inn Express. But that doesn't mean it's *bad*. More on that in a SEC...

I stayed there recently. Needed a place while my niece, bless her heart, was auditioning for the marching band. The location is perfect for campus visits. Seriously, you can practically smell the burnt coffee from the Starbucks on the corner. The lobby? Beige. I nearly tripped over my own feet because the lack of vibrant colors. It's all perfectly...inoffensive.

Okay, but the breakfast... the breakfast is where legends (or at least, *some* kind of memory) are made. They've got the pancake machine! The *magical pancake machine* that spits out hot, round, vaguely disc-shaped pancakes. I love that thing! It makes me feel like a child again. Though, the syrup situation can get dicey. If you're a syrup-lover, grab extra packets. Just sayin'.

So, "best"? Kinda. Functional? Totally. Memorable? For the pancake machine, yeah.

The room! What about the ROOMS? Are they clean? Comfy? (And do they smell vaguely of chlorine like some hotels?)

Okay, let's be real. Hotel rooms are a gamble. You never *truly* know. My room at the Holiday Inn Express was, thankfully, clean. No questionable stains on the sheets, no lingering odor of... well, let's leave that to the imagination. Bonus points for that!

The bed? Comfortable enough. Not the *best* sleep of my life, but I wasn't rolling around in agony either. Think "firmish" mattress. The pillows, however... they were a bit like sleeping on cloud-adjacent. I'd say I felt good. My niece, on the other hand, complained that they were far too fluffy. Gotta love different preferences.

And the bathroom, which is a crucial element, right? It was your basic, perfectly serviceable hotel bathroom. Good water pressure. Clean towels. The usual suspects. (Shampoo, conditioner, and a teeny bar of soap that always manages to disappear after the second shower. I swear it's magic.) No chlorine smell, thank goodness! That's a win in my book.

The only thing that struck me... the beige theme. The beige-ness of it all! I swear the walls were beige. The curtains were beige. The carpet was… you guessed it! Beige! I needed more color in my life!!!!

The dreaded "free breakfast". Is it eatable? And what's *actually* on offer?

Right, the FREE BREAKFAST. It's the make-or-break for so many budget-conscious travelers, and I'm included! My experience? Totally passable – but don’t go expecting a gourmet experience. The pancakes, as previously mentioned, *ARE* the star. Get in line early, because they're a popular draw. (And yes, I may have gotten in line twice.)

Beyond the pancake fun, there's usually eggs (sometimes scrambled, sometimes...other), sausage or bacon, cereal, yogurt, fruit (mostly pre-cut and sad looking, but eat it), and those little individual boxes of sugary breakfast pastries. And of course: toast. Lots and lots of toast. The bread's pretty standard, nothing earth shattering.

The coffee is… well, it’s *available*. Let's be charitable and say it’s hot. It's not going to win any awards, but it'll do the trick if you need a caffeine boost, and you can add creamer and sugar to it. If you are coffee obsessed, hit up Starbucks at the corner. It'll make your morning 100x better.

My biggest complaint? It gets crowded. During peak breakfast hours, you'll be dodging families with screaming kids and people trying to hoard the last of the sausage. My advice? Go early. Or, bring a snack. Or both!

What about the amenities? Pool? Gym? Laundry? Anything to keep me sane?

Alright, let's be real, the Holiday Inn Express isn't exactly a resort. But they do the basics. They have a small gym with a treadmill, elliptical, and some weights. I peeked in. I did *not* use it (I was there for the pancake machine, not to become a fitness guru). It seemed...adequate. If you're a gym rat, well, you might be disappointed. It's not fancy.

The pool...I believe there *is* a pool. I didn't see it, so I can't vouch for its cleanliness or awesomeness. Look at the photos! If you want to swim, make sure you look into that.

Laundry... well, that's your standard issue hotel laundry situation. Coin-operated machines. I think they have it. I always dread doing laundry on vacation, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

They also have the usual free Wi-Fi. That worked well, which is always a bonus, especially if you're like, you know, me, and glued to your phone. And, they don't charge for parking!

Okay, so, let's talk the *service*. Are the staff friendly? Helpful? Or do they just want to get rid of you?

Okay, the staff can make or break a hotel experience, right? At the Holiday Inn Express, they were, on the whole, *perfectly pleasant*. Let's be honest. No one was *over-the-top enthusiastic*. No one offered to carry my bags and serenade me with a ukulele (a missed opportunity, in my opinion). But everyone was polite, efficient, and helpful.

One small thing - I had a slight issue with my key card (common problem, apparently). The person at the front desk fixed it quickly and with a smile. That's all you need, right? They did their job, got me into my room, and didn't make me feel like a complete idiot. I need a level of competence and an ability to get the job done, and they delivered.

No, there was no particularly life-altering interactions. And that is okay. That's what I expected. I did not experience anything that I could say to be negative!

The big question: Would you stay there again? And, more importantly, would *you* recommendWeb Hotel Search Site

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kent State University By IHG United States

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kent State University By IHG United States