Escape to Paradise: First Inn Hotel & Business Mexico - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!

First Inn Hotel & Business Mexico

First Inn Hotel & Business Mexico

Escape to Paradise: First Inn Hotel & Business Mexico - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!

Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This review of "Escape to Paradise: First Inn Hotel & Business Mexico - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!" is gonna be less pristine brochure and more, well, me. So grab a margarita (or a Diet Coke, no judgment), and let's dive in.

First Impressions (and the Truth About "Paradise" Expectations):

Alright, the name? "Escape to Paradise." Okay, high bar, First Inn. HIGH bar. I’m picturing swaying palms, a butler named Jeeves, and a bottomless piña colada fountain. Reality? Well, it's Mexico, so you're already ahead of the curve. The exterior, let’s just say it's "functional." Not exactly knocking my socks off with architectural genius. But hey, I'm not here to judge a book by its cover (or a hotel by its facade).

Accessibility: The Good, The "Hmmm…", and The Slightly Annoying

I'm not in a wheelchair, thankfully, but I always try to factor in accessibility because, well, everyone deserves a vacation, right? The elevator? Check. That's a good start. The rooms? Seemed okay from a visual perspective if you’re a wheelchair user, but I wish I had been a guest who needed the full low-down. Overall, though, they seemed to have done the basics. HOWEVER – and this is always a "however" – I didn't specifically test the nitty-gritty details. The website claims facilities for disabled guests, but I implore you, if accessibility is crucial for you, CALL THEM. Ask specifics. Don't rely on a random internet review!

Cleanliness and Safety: Did I Survive? (Mostly)

Okay, post-pandemic travel is a whole different ballgame. I’m a germaphobe in a good way (I like to blame my mother). They’re touting "Anti-viral cleaning products," "Daily disinfection in common areas," and even the option to opt-out of room sanitization. Seriously? Opt-out? Okay, that is…interesting. I poked around, and the common areas looked clean. Hand sanitizer stations were everywhere. Staff seemed diligent about mask-wearing. In my room (which I didn't opt-out of being cleaned, just in case you were wondering), everything seemed sparkling. Did I meticulously inspect every inch? Maybe. Did I find any rogue dust bunnies plotting world domination? Nope. So, thumbs up from this cleanliness-obsessed traveler.

The "Wellness" Zone: Massage Me, Please!

Right, so, the "spa." This is where things got interesting. They had, listed: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]. Whew. That's a lot of promises. I opted for the massage. Let's just say… it wasn't the best I've ever had. The therapist was lovely, bless her heart, but the massage itself was… gentle. Like a very enthusiastic kitten kneading my back. The pool area was pretty nice, though. Definitely a "pool with a view." Especially at sunset. I'm not going to lie, it’s a bit hit-or-miss, But for the price point, you're not paying Four Seasons prices, so I was able to calm down, and just enjoy the sunset over the pool.

Food, Glorious Food (Emphasis on "Glorious" Depending on Your Taste Buds):

"Dining, drinking, and snacking" is a major category. They offer a ludicrous amount of options listed. “A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant." Okay. Take a breath. I did the buffet breakfast one morning. It was… fine. Standard hotel buffet fare. Eggs, some sad-looking pastries, and coffee that was adequate at best. But hey, free coffee is free coffee!

The Room: My Temporary Sanctuary (or Not?)

We're diving headfirst into the "Available in all rooms" list: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. HOLY MOLY! Okay, my actual room (non-smoking, thank god) was decent. Comfy bed (extra-long!), air conditioning that actually worked (a MUST in Mexico), and a decent-sized bathroom. The Wi-Fi? Surprisingly fast! Which is essential, because, you know, work. The mini-bar was stocked, which, again, is a win. The "view"? Less "paradise" and more "adjacent building." But hey, I wasn't expecting a beachfront villa for the price.

Internet: The Lifeline (Thank God It Works!)

Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes! Honestly, that’s crucial. I had to check emails, and the LAN option was there as well. You NEED reliable internet these days. And the First Inn delivered.

Services and Conveniences: A Mixed Bag of Yay and Meh

The list is long: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center, .

The concierge was… helpful. The dry cleaning? Efficient. The convenience store? Well-stocked with overpriced snacks, as is the way of the world. Contactless check-in? Smooth as silk. But the "shrine"? I have no idea.

Location, Location, Location (And Getting Around):

Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking, Airport transfer, Bicycle parking. Okay, so they've got parking. Great. The location itself? Convenient. But it's not right on the beach. So, if you're dreaming of waking up to the sound of waves, you might be disappointed. You'll need a taxi or a rental car to get to the good stuff.

For the Kids: Family-Friendly, But Not Disneyland

Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. I don't have kids, so I'm not the best judge. But the hotel claims to be family-friendly. I saw some kids splashing in the pool, so I guess that's a good sign.

The "Things to Do" List: Beyond the Hotel Walls

Okay, the hotel itself is decent, but let’s be honest: you're in Mexico. You're not gonna stay inside the whole time! They don't specifically list a ton of activities, but the concierge can arrange tours. This is where I became a bit more impressed. The concierge arranged a day trip to a local ruin I had wanted to see! They were wonderful about it, and they were able to advise me on where the best beaches were.

The Quirks, The Imperfections, and the Final Verdict

Look, Escape to Paradise: First Inn Hotel & Business Mexico - Your Dream Vacation Awaits! isn't perfect. It's not a 5-star resort. It's not some kind of magical oasis. It's a solid, well-maintained hotel offering a comfortable stay at a reasonable price. The staff were friendly. The Wi-Fi was fast. And hey, the pool was nice!

My Opinionated, Messy, Stream-of-Consciousness Verdict:

Pros:

  • Cleanliness
  • Free Wi-Fi (a real win!)
  • Friendly staff.
  • Convenient location (with a car.)
  • Fair price point.

Cons:

  • The massage. Seriously.
  • Not beachfront.
Unbelievable Loft Room in Bangkok: BaanPakKhunya (LoftRoom-1) - MUST SEE!

Book Now

First Inn Hotel & Business Mexico

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this itinerary ain't your grandma's meticulously planned spreadsheet. We're diving headfirst into the chaotic, glorious mess that is a trip to Mexico, specifically holed up at the First Inn Hotel & Business. Prepare for the unexpected, the glorious meltdowns, and the probable consumption of questionable street food. Let's GO!

Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and Avocado Dreams

  • 10:00 AM (ish): Landed. Or, more accurately, stumbled out of the airplane looking like a crumpled piece of paper. The flight was… an experience. Let's just say the guy behind me seemed to believe his foot had a personal vendetta against my lumbar region. Now, passport control. Here goes nothing. Deep breaths.
  • 10:45 AM (ish): HOLY GUACAMOLE, I'm through! They didn’t actually ask me any meaningful questions. Which I think is a win? Now, to find the shuttle to the hotel. This is where my navigational skills (or a complete lack thereof) come into play. I'm pretty sure I’m walking in the opposite direction of everyone else.
  • 11:30 AM (ish): Found the shuttle! Turns out, I just needed to follow the dude loudly discussing his ex-wife. He seemed very excited for this trip.
  • 1:00 PM (ish): Arrived at First Inn Hotel & Business. Okay, not exactly what I envisioned. The website photos were… optimistic. But hey, clean sheets and a place to plop my weary bones. Checked in. The receptionist was adorable, but I was too frazzled to remember her name. Oops.
  • 2:00 PM: Room. Phew. Okay, it’s a room. Bed looks comfy. Where's the mini-bar? I need a tiny bottle of tequila. Or two. Found a convenience store next door. My mission: Find some snacks. Mission = COMPLETED.
  • 3:00 PM: First meal in Mexico: Tacos from a little food stand down the street. No regrets. The salsa was so good, I fear I may have tears of joy. Or maybe that's from the spice. Or, you know, the total lack of sleep. Either way, it was heaven.
  • 4:00 PM: Nap! A glorious, much-needed nap. Dreamed of avocados the size of my head. And a mariachi band made entirely of fluffy kittens.
  • 7:00 PM: Attempt at exploring the local area. Got hopelessly lost within five minutes. Asked for directions. The lovely lady spoke zero English, I speak very little Spanish. I think she was just trying to be nice. Still, I made it back to the hotel. The walk back was… enlightening. I saw a dog with a sombrero, and a group of guys playing dominoes with so much passion I'm pretty sure they were betting their souls.
  • 8:00 PM: Back in the room, eating chips, and watching the Spanish-language equivalent of daytime television. I haven't the foggiest idea of what's going on, but I am mesmerized.
  • 9:00 PM: Survived Day 1! Grumble. Still not sure of the plan for tomorrow.

Day 2: Culture Shock and Cactus Cocktails (Maybe)

  • 8:00 AM: Woke up. Or, rather, was gently nudged awake by a cacophony of car horns, barking dogs, and the insistent chirp of a particularly enthusiastic bird outside my window. It's… lively. Coffee is my friend. Found some, and it's definitely strong. Fuel for the fire, baby!
  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast (included). It's… fine. They had croissants, which is always a win in my book.
  • 10:00 AM: Determined to be a "cultured tourist." I looked at the map to find something. Went to some museum. It was okay. I definitely needed a guide. I understood about 5% of what was going on. It's pretty, though.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Chasing the elusive perfect taco is my new life goal. Found a place the locals are raving about. The tacos are amazing. This is the kind of place where you know the cook has been perfecting his craft for decades, and the tortillas are made by the goddess herself. My stomach is singing. I'm seriously considering moving in.
  • 1:00 PM: Shopping! Wandered around the market. Bargaining is an art form here. I tried, I really did. And I overpaid for a ridiculously large sombrero. I look amazing in it, though. Worth every inflated peso.
  • 3:00 PM: The Great Cactus Cocktail Debacle. I saw a bar advertising "cactus margaritas." How could I resist? Well, I should have resisted. It tasted like… well, imagine a cactus had an existential crisis and then exploded in my mouth. I think my taste buds are still recovering.
  • 4:00 PM: Needed retail therapy (and something to kill the cactus taste). Found a tiny jewelry shop. Bought way too many silver bracelets. No regrets (again).
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. This time, I managed to find a restaurant with actual people and a menu I could read (yay Google Translate!). Ordered something vaguely described as "grilled meat." Turns out it was a whole, delicious roasted chicken.
  • 8:00 PM: Back in the hotel. Fell asleep watching more Spanish daytime television. It's become a comfort.
  • 9:00 PM: Realization: I think I'm starting to get a feel for this place, the place is starting to get used to me.

Day 3: Exploring, Epiphanies, and Farewell (for now!)

  • 9:00 AM: Found some amazing coffee shop around the corner
  • 10:00 AM: Travel to the cathedral. It was beautiful.
  • 12:00 PM: Went on a walk, found a park and enjoyed the day
  • 2:00 PM: Enjoyed a lunch with amazing ambiance
  • 4:00 PM: Back to the hotel, packed for leaving, feeling a bit sad
  • 6:00 PM: Ate a final dinner
  • 8:00 PM: Said goodbye to the hotel's staff, they were amazing
  • 9:00 PM: Left for the airport.

Final Thoughts:

This trip wasn't perfect. I got lost, I ate some questionable things (and loved every bite), and I probably made a fool of myself several times. But you know what? It was real. It was messy, it was unpredictable, and it was absolutely, ridiculously fantastic. I loved every minute of it. The energy of the city, the hospitality of the people, the food… oh, the food! This will be the memories of my first trip! I'll be back. Mexico, you magnificent, chaotic, tequila-fueled dream, I'll be back.

Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel SHOCKER: Route 13 & I-464 Secret Revealed!

Book Now

First Inn Hotel & Business Mexico

Escape to Paradise: First Inn Hotel & Business Mexico - Your Dream Vacation Awaits? (Maybe...) FAQ!

Okay, so, what *exactly* is the "First Inn Hotel & Business Mexico"? Sounds kinda… generic. Am I just picturing a sad Holiday Inn Express in a sombrero?

Alright, alright, let's be honest. "First Inn Hotel & Business Mexico" doesn't exactly scream "exotic adventure," does it? My *first* thought? Probably a grim business trip location. But here's the thing: it's *not* a sombrero-clad, depressing pit stop! (Thank goodness.) It's a surprisingly decent basecamp. Think… functional, rather than fancy. Clean, yes. Luxurious? Debatable. You're not going to be swept away by marble floors and a thousand-thread-count sheets. But! The beds *are* comfy after a day of exploring, the staff is generally friendly (more on that later), and it's perfectly positioned to get to where you *actually* want to go: the real Mexico. So, while the name is a snoozer, the location… well, it's alright. I’d put it at a solid 6 out of 10. Better than a Motel 6, but not quite the Ritz.

Is it actually in a location that *feels* like paradise? Or am I just paying for the (doubtful) AC?

Right, the 'Escape to Paradise' part. Tricky. It's *in* Mexico, obviously, which *can* be paradise. But… the hotel itself? It’s situated, I'm pretty sure, in a bustling town with all the joys and occasional grime that entails. Look, the view from my window was… a building. Possibly a warehouse. Definitely *not* a postcard-worthy beach. You're going to have to *leave* the hotel to find the actual paradise, and you *absolutely* should. The AC? It's a lifesaver, especially during those moments when the air seems to be trying to melt your face off. So, let's call it… a convenient starting point to access the actual paradise, rather than being paradise itself.

Let's talk food. Breakfast buffet? Overpriced hotel restaurant options? What's the edible situation?

Okay, the food situation. This is where things get… interesting. The breakfast buffet? It's included, which is a win. It's… what you expect. Eggs, toast, some fruit that's seen better days, pastries that are probably mostly air. But, and this is KEY: they have *chilaquiles*. And, honestly? They were pretty darn good. Not Michelin-star good, but good enough to power you through a morning of sightseeing. The hotel restaurant? I only ate there once. Ordered what I thought was a simple plate of tacos. Came to the table looking like a crime scene of grease and sadness. I'm probably the world's worst judge of taco's, by the way, as I ordered the very same thing from another restaurant the next day and LOVED IT! So, eat the chilaquiles. And then GET OUT. Find a local place. Trust me on this one. Wander the streets, get lost in the smells of real Mexican cooking. You will thank me.

The Staff! What's the vibe there? Are they helpful or, you know, the usual tired hotel employees?

The staff... ah, the staff. Mostly helpful. Mostly. There was the gentleman at the front desk who looked like he hadn't slept in days (and who could blame him?). He was efficient but not exactly chatty. Then there was Maria in the breakfast buffet, an absolute *angel*. Always smiling, always refilling the coffee, and even managed to understand my broken Spanish. (Which is saying *something*.) I asked her for one of those disposable cups for a coffee to go and she gave me a look, I suspect she was thinking "You Americans and your to-go coffee!" but she did it with a smile anyway, so… points to Maria. They try. But, like anywhere, you’ll find mixed bags. Don't expect white-glove service, but don't expect downright rudeness either. Prepare to be self-sufficient in certain areas. Practice your Spanish (even the basics!), and you'll probably get along just fine.

Is it safe? This is Mexico, after all…

This is the big one, right? Safety. Okay, so the hotel itself felt secure. Keys, security gates, the usual stuff. The surrounding area... Look, I'm not going to tell you it's a crime-free utopia. Use common sense. Don't wander around flashing expensive jewelry at 3 AM. Keep your wits about you. Don't drink the tap water (seriously, don't). I felt relatively safe, but I'm also a person who's used to city living. If you're the type who worries a lot, maybe do some extra research on the specific location before you go. Ask the locals. Trust your gut. Be aware of your surroundings. It's like anywhere – some areas are better than others. But the hotel itself? Felt reasonably secure.

Tell us about the rooms. Modern? Dated? Do they have, like, power outlets that actually *work*?

The rooms… Let's see. Modern? Not particularly. Dated? Maybe a little. Think functional. The bed was comfortable enough, the AC was a godsend, the bathroom was clean (mostly, after I shooed a couple of mosquitos out), and yes! The power outlets *mostly* worked. I had one charger that refused to cooperate for some reason, my phone would only charge a little bit, but the others were fine. I had a few minor inconveniences, the shower pressure was a bit… anemic. A trickle, really. And the Wi-Fi was a little spotty at times. But the room served its purpose. A place to crash, recharge, and escape the inevitable heat. It wasn't luxurious, but it was clean, and that's what really matters, right?

Anything else about the overall experience? Like, would you go back?

Overall experience… Hmm. Look, I went in with low expectations, and they were mostly met. No heart-stopping disasters, no moments where I felt unsafe. The hotel was what it was: a functional, somewhat forgettable base for exploring Mexico. The best part of the entire trip, hands down, was the day trip I took to the hidden waterfalls! (Seriously, you *have* to find them. They're magical. Forget the hotel, just go!)

Would I go back? Maybe. If I needed a budget-friendly place to sleep while I explored the area. I'd probably pick a different hotel if I were prioritizing luxury or aNomadic Stays

First Inn Hotel & Business Mexico

First Inn Hotel & Business Mexico