
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Hotel La Corona, Manila's Hidden Gem!
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Hotel La Corona, Manila's Hidden Gem! - (Or, My Unexpected Love Affair with a Hotel…)
Okay, so "Hidden Gem" is a huge claim, right? I mean, how many hotels slap that label on their door? But seriously, after my stay at Hotel La Corona in Manila, I'm almost tempted to agree. Almost. Let's get one thing straight: This isn't a picture-perfect travel brochure review. This is me, rambling, gushing, and probably getting side-tracked.
First Impressions and the Elevator of Dreams (and Possibly Doom)
Immediately, the lobby screams luxury. It's that kind of hushed, polished marble, and yes, a slight sense of awe. The 24-hour front desk folks were impeccably polite (and they definitely knew their safety protocols, always a good sign these days!). The elevator, though… Now that was an experience. It was beautiful, with polished wood paneling and elegant lighting. But let's just say it made a couple of interesting groaning and shuddering sounds that immediately conjured images of a slow, horrifying descent. Luckily, it held together. This place feels safe, though, with CCTV everywhere and 24-hour security – I felt like I was in a well-guarded fortress.
(Okay, maybe that’s a bit dramatic. But hey, I’m a writer. It’s my job.)
Accessibility? Check! (Mostly…)
My immediate priority. Access, access, access! Now, I didn’t personally need any specific accessibility features, but I was happy to see that Hotel La Corona attempts to cater to folks with disabilities. They’ve definitely made an effort with the elevator, and, listed "Facilities for disabled guests" and a few other accessibility features, which is great. It’s still crucial to call and confirm exactly what your needs are, but the initial impression is positive.
Rooms: Where the Magic (and the Blackout Curtains) Happen
Right, let’s talk rooms. I was in a non-smoking room (thank the heavens! As a non-smoker, hotel scent-a-holic, I'm eternally grateful!), and it was a sanctuary. It had all the basics – air conditioning (a must in Manila!), a desk, a mini bar, a safe, free Wi-Fi, and a glorious bed. They even had blackout curtains! Seriously, those things were a lifesaver after a long flight. I'm not going to lie, I spent a good hour just existing in the darkness, recharging.
Internet Apocalypse Prevention
I'm dependent on connectivity, like most, so the Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!? Absolute gold. Also, Internet access – LAN is available if you like the old school, wired internet, but you can just use Wi-Fi [free]. It was fast, reliable, and made me almost forget I was on the other side of the world. Almost.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: My Stomach's Review
Okay, the food. This is often where hotels can stumble, right? Not La Corona. They had a brilliant buffet in the restaurant – a decent spread of both Asian and Western cuisine to get your day started. The Asian breakfast was, chefs kiss, good, and the fresh fruit juices were divine. Plus, they had coffee/tea in the restaurant and a coffee shop on site. I spent a lot of time people-watching in the coffee shop.
I indulged in the Room service [24-hour] – because, come on, it's vacation! – and the food was surprisingly good. The A la carte in restaurant definitely was a better dining experience, especially when you want some fresh Salad in restaurant. They even had some comfort food, like Soup in restaurant. It was quite good. I didn't get to try any of the Desserts in restaurant, but they looked amazing. Then, there's the Bar, which was great for unwinding in the evening. And the Poolside bar? That was a major highlight. More on that later…
Amenities: Relaxation Stations and Fitness Frenziness
This is where La Corona really shines. Let's start with the obvious: Swimming pool. Gorgeous. Pool with view? Even better. I spent a blissful afternoon lounging by the water, soaking up the sun. They also have a Fitness center, a Spa, and even a Sauna and Steamroom. Now, I am not a spa person. I’ve always been a little… awkward about massages. But, after a week of travel, I caved. The Massage was incredible. I actually almost fell asleep. The therapist was amazing. Worth every penny (and the slight awkwardness).
Then! The Body scrub and Body wrap! I'm a believer now.
Cleanliness and Safety: No Germs Allowed
In the current climate, this is HUGE. They seemed to have spared no expense on safety. Staff trained in safety protocol, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. There was Hand sanitizer everywhere, and they used Anti-viral cleaning products. The Rooms sanitized between stays. I really appreciated the lengths they went to.
Getting Around: A Smooth Ride
They offered Airport transfer and Taxi service, which made getting to and from the airport a breeze. Easy, seamless.
Services and Conveniences: They Thought of Everything
From Cash withdrawal to Currency exchange, they've got you covered. I didn't use the Dry cleaning or Laundry service, but it's nice to know those options are available. The Concierge was super helpful with recommendations. Daily housekeeping kept the place spotless. Basically, the little details make a massive difference.
My Poolside Revelation (and the Reason I'll Be Back)
Okay, so remember the Poolside bar I mentioned? This brings me to my favorite part of the entire experience.
It was around 3 PM. The sun was starting to mellow. I had a ridiculously fruity cocktail in hand (I think it was called a "Mango Mania"?). I was reading a book. And I just… relaxed. And I mean, really relaxed. The service was impeccable. The view of the city, stunning. And in that moment, I realized something: This wasn't just a hotel. It was a little bubble of paradise, a place where the stresses of the world melted away. I even considered ordering a second cocktail. That’s the feeling La Corona offers. Something special.
The Fine Print (Because I’m a Realistic Reviewer)
- Things that were not perfect: The breakfast buffet, while good, felt a little rushed at times.
- Things to consider: The location is great for exploring Manila, but might not be the best if you're after complete peace and quiet.
Final Verdict: Book It! (But Maybe Double-Check the Elevator)
Look, I'm not exaggerating when I say Hotel La Corona is a gem. It’s not perfect. But the good far outweighs the minor imperfections. The service is outstanding, the amenities are top-notch, and the feeling you get, the feeling of utter relaxation? That's priceless. Unbelievable Luxury Awaits! Hotel La Corona, Manila's Hidden Gem! And the best part is the internet, which makes this place is as technologically advanced as it is luxuriously safe and relaxing.
SEO-Friendly Offer with a Human Touch (Book Now!)
Escape the Ordinary: Discover Unbelievable Luxury at Hotel La Corona, Manila!
Yearning for an escape? Tired of the same old, same old? Then listen up. Hotel La Corona isn't just a hotel, it's a sanctuary. Nestled in the heart of Manila.
Why Book Now?
- Unrivaled Relaxation: Dive into our stunning swimming pool with a view, unwind in our spa with a relaxing massage, and melt your stress away in the sauna and steamroom.
- Seamless Connectivity: Stay connected with Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Plus Internet access – LAN .
- Impeccable Safety: Relax knowing we prioritize your well-being with Daily disinfection in common areas, Anti-viral cleaning products, and Staff trained in safety protocol.
- Culinary Delights: Savor delicious dishes. Experience everything from Asian breakfasts to to international flavors in our buffet: Buffet in restaurant, A la carte in restaurant.
- Effortless Convenience: Enjoy features like 24-hour front desk, Airport transfer, room service, and a concierge who can help with anything you need.
- Wheelchair accessible plus other Facilities for disabled guests (call to confirm your specific needs!)
And, because we know you deserve it:
- Exclusive Offer: Book your stay now and receive a complimentary cocktail at our poolside bar! *. Proposal spot: If you are planning it,

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into a Manila adventure more chaotic than a jeepney rush hour. This isn't your perfectly curated travel brochure. This is the real deal, warts and all, at the Hotel La Corona in Manila. Let's do this…
Hotel La Corona: Manila Mayhem (and Maybe Magic)
Day 1: Arrival and Immediate Regret (Just Kidding…Mostly)
- 10:00 AM: Arrive at NAIA (Ninoy Aquino International Airport). Ugh. Airports. All the same, right? The sweaty, panicked mob around baggage claim is a beautiful introduction to the Philippines. I'm convinced they breed these crowds. Finding a reliable airport taxi is a Herculean task. After an hour of dodging touts and haggling like a seasoned pro (okay, maybe not), I finally snag a ride to the La Corona.
- 11:30 AM: Check-in at Hotel La Corona. The lobby… well, it's got that classic "hotel that's seen better days" charm. The aircon's working, though, which, honestly, is a win. The staff is pleasant enough, but bless their hearts, my request for a room with a "breathtaking view" seems to have gotten lost in translation. (Spoiler alert: The view is of a… well, a building. Another building.)
- 12:30 PM: Room reconnaissance. The room itself? Kinda basic. Clean enough, I guess? The bedspread has a faint floral pattern straight out of the 80s. I poke it cautiously. A cockroach skitters across the floor. Deep breaths. "It's character," I tell myself. "It's authentic Manila character."
- 1:00 PM: Time for a quick lunch. Hotel restaurant. I order the Adobo. I brace myself for the disappointment. Honestly, it's actually… decent. Not the best I've ever had, but edible. A small victory in a world of potential chaos.
- 2:00 PM: First foray into Manila's chaos. First off, I planned to check out the walled city of Intramuros but I got so caught up in the city's traffic that I had no choice but to book a taxi. The sights and sounds of Manila hit you like a tidal wave. The jeepneys blasting music, the vendors hawking everything under the sun, the wafting smells of… everything.
- 3:00 PM: I'm lost. Seriously. Somehow, in the space of a block, I’ve managed to wander off course. I ask for directions and get stared at blankly. Eventually, I find someone who speaks a little English and point me in the right direction.
- 4:00 PM: Intramuros! The Spanish colonial architecture is stunning. Casa Manila is a must-see. The history just seeps out of the bricks. It's undeniably beautiful, but it’s also hot. Oh, so very hot.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner at a small restaurant I found tucked away in the alley. The food is authentic and super affordable. So much garlic in the Sinigang. My taste buds are singing.
- 8:00 PM: Exhausted and sweaty. Back to the Hotel. I will sleep and prepare for tomorrow's adventure. Night, world.
Day 2: The Intramuros obsession (and a potential breakdown)
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel! There’s a buffet situation. The pancit is calling my name. I feel compelled to try every single item. It's a culinary adventure.
- 10:00 AM: I decide to go back to Intramuros. Obsessed. It's just so beautiful. and this time I'm going to explore it further. I take a bamboo bike tour this time.
- 11:00 AM: So many pictures, so much history, so much sweating. I find a small café and have a coffee.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch. I find a local street food cart. I get the kare kare! The sauce is thick, rich, and peanut-y. I’m in heaven.
- 2:00 PM: More Intramuros.
- 3:00 PM: I realize I've spent basically the whole day in Intramuros. I'm not even mad.
- 4:00 PM: I got locked in the San Agustin Church. It was a beautiful church, yes, but I was stuck for an hour.
- 5:00 PM: I got out and I'm really, really, really, exhausted. But, you know what? Worth it.
- 6:00 PM: Still full from lunch. Can't bring myself to eat more.
- 7:00 PM: Early night. I'm beat.
Day 3: The Real Manila and a Bittersweet Farewell
- 9:00 AM: Realized all the things I've missed. I decide to actually see the places I originally planned.
- 10:00 AM: Headed straight for Fort Santiago and Rizal Shrine. Beautiful place. So poignant. I am actually tearing up a little.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch near the Manila Bay. Awesome place, loved the view.
- 1:00 PM: Back to the hotel. I checked out and I'm saying goodbye.
- 2:00 PM: Airport.
Hotel La Corona Verdict:
The Hotel La Corona? It's not the Ritz. But it's got a certain… je ne sais quoi. It's a decent basecamp for exploring Manila. The staff are nice (bless them), the food is surprisingly edible, and the location is alright. Sure, the room might have a cockroach or two, and the view isn't spectacular, but, hey, it's real. It's Manila. You'll remember it, that's for sure. And that, my friends, is what true travel is all about. Now, time to find a souvenir and get back to life.
Huntsville's BEST Kept Secret: Sonesta Simply Suites Research Park Review!
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Hotel La Corona, Manila's Hidden Gem (or is it?) - FAQs From a Real Person
Okay, so is Hotel La Corona *actually* a hidden gem, or is that just marketing fluff? Spill the tea!
Alright, alright, let's get real. "Hidden gem" is a *massive* overstatement. I mean, Manila's not exactly overflowing with secluded mountain retreats, is it? It's more like... a well-kept secret. The kind of secret that a friend of a friend *might* whisper to you, after a few too many San Miguels. It's not plastered all over Instagram with influencers fawning over the infinity pool (which, by the way, is stunning, but I'll get to that). It's understated. Which, honestly, is kinda refreshing in this day and age. Think less 'glitzy Vegas show' and more 'charming indie film that you stumble upon at a film festival'. Does that make sense? Probably not.
What's this I hear about an amazing infinity pool? Give me the deets!
The pool... oh, the pool. *Sigh*. Okay, first off, be prepared for a bit of a climb. This is Manila, not the Swiss Alps, but getting to the pool area feels like a mini-adventure. And worth it. It's an infinity pool, yes, overlooking the city. Stunning. Now, here's the slightly messy part: the first time I went, the water was, shall we say, *slightly* chilly. I mean, bordering on 'polar bear plunge' levels of cold. I’m not exaggerating, I think I saw my teeth chattering in the reflection. Apparently, the heating system gets a little… temperamental. But, you know, after a few minutes you get used to it. (And the view makes you forget everything.) Later times were better though – so I'd say it's all worth the risk of temporary blue lips. Just, maybe pack a thick towel. And maybe some cocoa, just in case.
The food! Is it... edible? (Because sometimes, luxury hotels disappoint.)
Okay, the food. This is where things get interesting. The main restaurant, "Casa de Oro," serves up a mix of international and Filipino cuisine. Mostly, it's delicious. But here's my confession: one night, I ordered the *adobo*. My all-time favourite pinoy dish. I have strong feelings about adobo. And… well, it was a bit… off. Not inedible, bless its heart. But it felt like it was *trying* too hard. Like it was trying to be fancy adobo, not *good* adobo. The sauce was a tad too sweet. And the chicken... okay, I'm being too harsh. The chicken was cooked perfectly. But, it was served with some weird, unnecessary garnish that felt pretentious. My husband ordered something else and loved his food, so it could have just been a one-off. Overall, the hotel's food is hit or miss for me, but the breakfast buffet is a total win.
The rooms! Are they actually luxurious? Are they clean? What should I expect?
Okay, the rooms. Pretty darn luxurious, actually. Think plush beds, big windows, and a seriously amazing view (if you get the right room – ask for a higher floor!). They're clean. Like, REALLY clean. I'm a total germaphobe, and I didn't find a single speck of dust. The bathrooms are gorgeous, with those fancy rain showers that make you feel like you're showering under a waterfall. (Be prepared to spend way too long in there!) The only minor issue I had was that the Wi-Fi was a little spotty in my room. They fixed it pretty quickly, but it's worth asking about when you check in. Honestly, it's the best experience I ever had!
Is it worth the price tag? Because luxury in Manila can be a gamble...
Okay, the big question. Worth the price? Ugh, it depends. It's definitely not the *cheapest* hotel in Manila. You're paying for the views, the service, and the feeling of being pampered. If you're on a tight budget, maybe not. There are plenty of perfectly good hotels in Manila that are very affordable. But, if you're looking for a treat, a special occasion, or just a little escape from the chaos, then yes, I think it's worth it. Especially if you can snag a deal. I mean, those sunsets over the city from the pool? Priceless. Well, not *priceless*, obviously, but you get the idea. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Mostly for the view though. And the potential for a good Filipino breakfast.
The service? Is it actually welcoming? Or is it like, "stiff hotel staff" type?
Service? Ah, now we're talking. The staff at Hotel La Corona are genuinely *lovely*. Not in that fake, overly-perfumed way. They're friendly, helpful, and actually seem to care. Like, I had a small issue with the air conditioning (another minor hiccup, shocker!) and it was fixed within minutes. They're attentive, but not annoyingly so. And they remember your name – which, honestly, makes you feel like a VIP (even if you're not). It really adds to the experience. It's a real breath of fresh air compared to some other hotels I've stayed in, where the staff seem to be acting out of a script, not like actual humans. Plus, it did really help me with a small misunderstanding during my bill that I wouldn't go into detail about.
Any downsides I should know about before booking? Be honest!
Okay, honesty time. Besides the potentially chilly pool and the sometimes-iffy adobo, there are a few other things. Traffic in Manila is a *nightmare*. The hotel is in a central location, which is great for getting around, but it also means you're going to be stuck in traffic. Plan accordingly. Also, as I mentioned before, the Wi-Fi in my room wasn't always perfect. And, honestly, the elevator can get a little slow during peak hours. And… okay, I'm reaching here… the music in the lobby sometimes veers towards elevator-music territory. But honestly, these are minor quibbles. The good outweighs the bad by a mile.
Should I book Hotel La Corona? Give it to me straight.
Look, if you're looking for a luxurious stay with amazing views and genuinely great service, and you don't mind a few minor imperfections, then YES. Book it. Just go. (And tell them I sent you! Just kidding. Unless…? HeStayin The Heart

