
India's Hidden Gem: Sankara & Apollo's Secret Temple!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst – headfirst! – into the gloriously messy, breathtakingly beautiful, and utterly addictive world of Sankara & Apollo's Secret Temple. This isn't just a hotel review; it's a love letter, a confession, and maybe, just maybe, a mild obsession. Get ready, because this place…this place is something else.
(And yes, I'm supposed to do some SEO stuff, so, yeah, "India Hotel Review," "Luxury Hotel India," "Spa Resort India," "Best Hotels in India," you get the idea. But frankly, the temple has me and I am ready to write a love letter to it!)
First Impressions: The Portal Opens
Finding Sankara & Apollo's Secret Temple (I’m dropping the “India’s Hidden Gem” bit, it’s just cumbersome and I’m already overwhelmed with love) feels like stumbling through a forgotten realm. Seriously. The arrival is a vibe. You're whisked away from the… well, the real world, into a sanctuary. A secret, actually. It's all rather dramatic, which perfectly suits my dramatic, world-weary soul.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, But Progress is Evident
Okay, let's get the nitty-gritty out of the way. Accessibility is… a work in progress. I noticed an elevator, which is a HUGE plus, vital, and amazing. BUT it isn't super easy to get around, which isn’t ideal. However, I also saw facilities for disabled guests, which is a good sign, and I heard murmurs of ongoing improvements. Hopefully, it will become even more accessible in the future. Look, it's not perfect, but they are trying. And the staff? They're genuinely eager to help.
The Rooms: A Symphony of Comfort (and Obsession)
Let’s talk rooms because this is an ideal place to stay! Each room is like a mini-palace, a cocoon of luxury designed to make you never want to leave. I need to be honest, I could live in the one I had – but I'll get to that. Let’s make a list, alright?
- Air Conditioning: Essential in India. Thank god.
- Wi-Fi [free]: Yes! And it works, which, let’s be honest, is a minor miracle.
- Complimentary tea/coffee: Huge win. I’m a caffeine addict.
- Bathrobes & Slippers: Pure. Bliss.
- Blackout Curtains: Hallelujah! Sleep is sacred, and these deliver.
- In-room safe box: Check!
- Minibar: It’s there!
- Hair Dryer: Needed!
- Toiletries: high-quality.
- Free bottled water: Thank you, thirsty me!
- Separate shower/bathtub: Because sometimes you need a spa bath, and sometimes you just need a quick rinse.
- Private bathroom: always!
- Non-smoking: Yes because many people hate cigarette smoke and prefer their luxury hotel rooms to be smoke-free.
- Wake-up service: The best!
- Daily housekeeping: Yes
- Desk: I didn’t do any work, but it’s there.
- Additional toilet: I didn’t notice but it says it’s there and I can’t find!
- Alarm clock: Also, amazing.
- Closet: Very big and necessary.
- Coffee/tea maker: Yep!
- Extra long bed: Thank goodness!
- Internet access – LAN: The internet!
- Internet access – wireless: yes!
- Ironing facilities: I did not iron, lol
- Laptop workspace: Not used!
- Linens: comfy and good.
- Mirror: Needed!
- On-demand movies: Nice to have!
- Reading light: Good for the times when you want to read!
- Refrigerator: Also good!
- Satellite/cable channels: Need!
- Scale: I refused to use it.
- Seating area: I used it to sit and relax!
- Shower: Of course!
- Slippers: Best!
- Smoke detector: Needed!
- Socket near the bed: So happy for this!
- Sofa: Perfect for relaxing.
- Soundproofing: Excellent!
- Telephone: Always good for room service!
- Towels: Amazing!
- Umbrella: Needed!
- Visual alarm: Perfect!
- Window that opens: Wonderful!
My room… it felt like a dream. The carpeting, the closet, the HUGE bed with all the linens – I practically melted into it. The window that opens! The seating area! I had a view that could make a hardened cynic weep. I literally weep in the shower because the bathroom was amazing. This room made me feel like royalty, just on the edge of being able to be myself. I loved it, I really did.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Journey (and a Few Hiccups)
Okay, the food. This is where things get… interesting.
- Restaurants: There are several.
- A la carte in restaurant: Good!
- Asian cuisine in restaurant: yum
- International cuisine in restaurant: yum
- Vegetarian restaurant: yum
- Western cuisine in restaurant: yum
- Bar: Of course!
- Poolside bar: Amazing!
- Coffee shop: Good.
- Room service [24-hour]: Essential.
- Breakfast [buffet]: The usual!
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: always a good thing!
- Happy hour: Excellent to take a load off!
- Snack bar: yes!
- Bottle of water: good.
- Desserts in restaurant: Of course!
- Salad in restaurant: Yes!
- Soup in restaurant: yum!
- Asian breakfast: yummy!
- Breakfast service: yeah!
The restaurants were generally good, especially the one serving Asian cuisine. I ate entirely too much of the Pad Thai. The buffet breakfast was, well, a buffet. Delicious and a dangerous. The poolside bar was my happy place. Sun, cocktails, and the sheer joy of not having to do anything. Pure bliss. Room service was prompt and efficient, a lifesaver after a particularly intense spa session.
Now, here's the thing. There were a couple of hiccups. Service could be a little slow at times, and the menu, while extensive, felt slightly… strained in places. But honestly, those are minor quibbles. The overall experience was fantastic.
Ways to Relax: A Symphony of Wellness
This is where Sankara & Apollo's Secret Temple truly shines. The spa… oh, the spa. Prepare to have your stresses massaged into oblivion.
- Body scrub: Yes!
- Body wrap: Yes!
- Fitness center: I didn’t, but yes!
- Foot bath: Yes!
- Massage: Yes!
- Pool with view: Incredible!
- Sauna: yes!
- Spa: The best!
- Spa/sauna: double amazing!
- Steamroom: super refreshing!
- Swimming pool: yes!
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: Amazing!!
I am devoured the spa. It was my happy place. My therapist, bless her heart, worked miracles on my knotted shoulders. I think my soul sighed. The pool with a view? Forget about it. I had a cocktail and I just couldn’t stop looking at it. In fact I want to go back just to see it again. The sauna was fantastic and the steamroom was excellent! I mean, even the fitness center looked impressive; I'm just more of a "lie horizontal and be pampered" kind of person.
Cleanliness and Safety: A Sanctuary of Sanity (and a Few Quirks)
The hotel made a real effort with its hygiene protocols, and I felt safe:
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Yes!
- Breakfast in room: yes!
- Daily disinfection in common areas: amazing!
- Hand sanitizer: yes!
- Hot water linen and laundry washing: I love this!
- Hygiene certification: good!
- Individually-wrapped food options: Amazing!
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Yes!
- Professional-grade sanitizing services: Great!
- Rooms sanitized between stays: very good!

Alright, buckle up, Buttercups! Because we're not just going to India near Sankara Eye Hospital & Apollo Hospital – we're experiencing it. And let's be honest, my meticulously planned itineraries usually resemble more a chaotic, delicious, fragrant plate of biryani than a perfectly assembled soufflé. Here goes…
Operation: Eye Opener (and Stomach Filler!) – A Messy Guide to Temple-Adjacent India
(Note: This itinerary is subject to immediate and capricious change, depending on what smells particularly good and/or if I stumble upon a particularly compelling stray dog to befriend. Priorities, people!)
Day 1: Arrival – Chaos is the Rhythm of the City (and My Luggage is Probably Late)
- Morning (ish): Touchdown! Chennai airport. I already can feel the heat, thick and vibrant, a hug that’s both welcoming and a little… suffocating. Immigration. Customs. Pray to the travel gods that my luggage makes it this time. Last trip? Let’s just say my emergency underwear supply was severely tested. (This is why I learned to pack essentials in my carry-on. Lesson learned… after the fact, naturally.)
- Late Morning: Find transportation. Pre-booked a cab (because, hello, civilization!). But… oh. The driver's late. (Classic!) So, I'm already immersed in the symphony of horns, the chattering of what seems like a billion birds, and the general glorious anarchy of Indian traffic. Take a deep breath. Remember, this is the experience.
- Afternoon: Check into my hotel. It might be a gem, or it might be a charmingly dingy place with iffy plumbing. (I'm hoping for charmingly dingy, to be honest. More character!) Unpack. Maybe. Really, I’ll probably just collapse on the bed for a glorious, sweaty, travel-exhausted nap. Then, maybe grab a local SIM card. Never underestimate the power of Google Maps and the ability to call for help when you're hopelessly lost.
- Evening: First meal! Right by the hotel, I'll undoubtedly be drawn in by the tantalizing aromas. Maybe some dosa with sambar and coconut chutney… or maybe I'll be utterly overwhelmed by choices and accidentally order everything. (This is a distinct possibility.) My stomach is already rumbling in anticipation. And I will definitely, definitely, need a strong cup of chai afterwards.
Day 2: Sankara & the Sacred – And My Questionable Navigation Skills
- Morning: Head to Sankara Eye Hospital. (Now, this is what it's all about!) Maybe a little "observation period" for the family. Find something to do in the area while waiting.
- Afternoon: It's hot. Really hot. Consider visiting a nearby temple. The architecture, the history… it's all incredible. Get lost in the vibrant, bustling streets surrounding it.
- Evening: Dinner. Somewhere. The options around there are like, endless. But I'm not sure how many spicy things I'd want to eat for one day, especially on the first couple! So maybe some delicious, non-spicy food.
Day 3: Temple Exploration – Spiritual Fuel (and Potential Mosquito Bites)
- Morning: Back in the Temple! Explore some more of the temples, probably.
- Afternoon: Shopping! The best part.
- Evening: Back to the Hotel!
Day 4: Apollo Hospital - Emergency (My Stomach or Otherwise)
- Morning: Visit Apollo Hospital.
- Afternoon: Shopping!
- Evening: Dinner.
Day 5: Farewell, for Now – And the Promise of Return
- Morning: Last chance for shopping! Grab some small gifts for friends and family - and maybe a few extra treats for myself.
- Afternoon: Airport bound! Hopefully, the luggage is playing nice this time. Reflect on the trip. The smells, the sounds, the humanity…
- Evening: Saying goodbye is never easy, but knowing I'll be back… is a sweet, sweet thought. A good trip, after all!
Important Notes, aka My Personal Chaos Management System:
- Food: Drink bottled water ONLY. Seriously. And embrace the street food! Be adventurous and try everything… but maybe start slowly. And always, always carry some antacids. My stomach is the ultimate litmus test for culinary adventures.
- Clothing: Dress respectfully. Loose, comfortable clothing. Scarves are your best friend – for the sun, the dust, and covering your head in temples.
- Bargaining: It's expected. Be polite, smile, and don't be afraid to walk away. You'll get better at it (or at least, I hope I will).
- Pacing: Embrace the chaos. Don't try to cram too much in. Leave room for spontaneity. This is vital.
- Embrace Imperfection: Things will go wrong. Flights will be delayed. You'll get lost. You'll eat something that makes you reach for the nearest bathroom. It's all part of the adventure. Laugh it off. And maybe pack some extra toilet paper. Just in case.
This isn't just a trip; it's a story waiting to be written, a messy, delicious, fragrant, and utterly unforgettable experience. And I can't wait to get started. Now, where's that passport…?
Victoria & Alfred Hotel: Cape Town's ICONIC Luxury Getaway (NEWMARK)
Sankara & Apollo's Secret Temple: Unveiling the Myths (and Maybe a Few Mosquito Bites)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your average temple tour. This is the story of a place whispered about, a secret that... well, let's just say it almost had *me* questioning my sanity (and maybe a few travel choices). Prepare for some messy answers, honest feelings, and maybe a little bit of "did I *really* just see that?"
So, What *IS* This Place, Exactly? Is it Real? Because Honestly...?
Okay, okay, real talk: it's called the Sankara & Apollo Temple. Supposedly, it's a hidden temple in India, a supposed meeting point for Eastern and Western spirituality, or... something. The brochures are vague, full of flowery language about 'cosmic energies' and 'ancient wisdom.' Honestly? I rolled my eyes. Big time. But then... I went. And... well, let’s just say my cynicism got a serious workout.
I'm still not entirely sure if it's "real" in the historical sense. There's evidence of some older structure and the story is compelling, but there's a definite modern... *vibe* added to it. Think a dash of Indiana Jones, a sprinkle of New Age, and a whole lot of... incense.
Where Even IS this Place? My GPS Kept Telling Me Jokes.
The location? That's part of the "secret," naturally. Let's just say it's remote. Think: winding roads, questionable infrastructure, and a distinct lack of Western-style toilets (prepare yourself!). My GPS went haywire at one point, proclaiming we were in a "parallel universe." I was half-convinced it was right.
My advice? Factor in *extra* travel time. And bring snacks. And Dramamine. LOTS of Dramamine. The roads are... something.
Who's Sankara? Who's Apollo? Are They… Friends? (And Why Aren't They Fighting?)
Okay, this is where things get... interesting. Sankara is a major figure in Advaita Vedanta, a prominent Hindu philosopher. Apollo, well, that's the Greek god of *everything* – music, light, healing, prophecy. Seems like an unlikely pairing, right? That was my initial thought.
The whole temple concept is built on this supposed connection – the merging of East and West, of philosophical concepts, of... well, I'm still trying to unpack the symbolism. I'll be honest. There's something weirdly compelling about it. It makes you *think*, man. Even if you don’t want to. And the lack of deity conflict? Honestly? Refreshing. The guide seemed annoyed when I asked if there were any arguments.
What Do You *DO* There? Is it All Just... Incense and Chanting?
Yes, there's definitely incense. And yes, there's chanting. But it's more than that. Or less. It Depends on you.
The activities vary. On our visit, that included a guided meditation session (which I *almost* fell asleep in – jet lag is a beast), a tour of the temple grounds (which felt a little *too* staged at times), and a lecture on... well, a bit of everything. Philosophy, Astrology, Ancient History. I got seriously overloaded with information. There was also a chance to sit with the "Guru" – a charismatic chap who may or may not have telepathic powers (I'm leaning towards "may not," but I'm reserving final judgment).
The Guide. Oh. The Guide. Tell Me About the Guide!
Our guide was... a character. A walking, talking paradox. He was deeply knowledgeable about the temple's history (or at least, *his* version of it), prone to dramatic pronouncements, and possessed a healthy dose of theatrical flair. Think a cross between a history professor, a stage actor, and a used car salesman.
I'm pretty sure he was trying to sell me something *at all times*. He made some bold claims about "energies" and "spiritual awakenings". But, in his defence, he took questions and was charming and very friendly. And that laugh! It echoed across the temple grounds. I found this guy both annoying and entertaining, all at the same time. I still can't decide if he was authentic or just a really good performer.
The Temple Itself - Pictures? What Does it *LOOK* Like? I Need to Know!
The architecture? Quirky, to say the least. It doesn't fit neatly into any one style. There are elements of traditional Indian temple design. And a few nods to Greco-Roman architecture. There's also… well, a lot of symbolism. You'll find yourself staring at various statues and carvings, trying to decipher their meaning. I'm still not entirely sure I figured it all out.
(Photos? I took some. They barely do it justice. It's a place that's best experienced in person – warts and all, I'd say).
Okay, Fine. But Is It Worth It? Did You *LIKE* it? Spill.
Look, it's complicated. It's not a perfect experience, and it's definitely not for everyone. If you're looking for a perfectly polished, historically accurate tour, this isn't it.
BUT... it was memorable. It was thought-provoking. It was... *something*. I left questioning all sorts of things, which I think is the point, right? Would I go back? Maybe. Maybe not. The mosquitos were a significant deterrent.
What Should I PACK if I do Go? (Serious Question!)
* **Mosquito Repellent:** Seriously, the most important item. They will feast on you. Bring industrial-strength stuff.
* **Comfortable shoes:** You'll be doing a lot of walking.
* **Loose-fitting clothing:** It's hot.
* **A refillable water bottle:** Stay hydrated.
* **An open mind:** BeHotel Search Site

