Fort Worth's BEST Downtown Hotel? (Holiday Inn Express Review!)

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Worth Downtown By IHG United States

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Worth Downtown By IHG United States

Fort Worth's BEST Downtown Hotel? (Holiday Inn Express Review!)

Alright, buckle up buttercups! This ain't your grandma's Holiday Inn Express review. We're diving deep into the heart of Fort Worth's downtown hospitality, and I'm here to tell you if this place deserves the crown: the Holiday Inn Express. And honestly, it gives me the willies to already compare it to another hotel. This one holds it's own.

Accessibility - Let's Get Rolling!

Okay, first things first: accessibility. I'm not in a wheelchair, but I did spend a good part of the day wishing my legs were stronger after traipsing around Sundance Square. The Holiday Inn Express gets points for its accessibility. Elevators? Check. Ramps? Check. This is great if you don't want to be lugging your luggage, but you need to be able to get around easily. If you are a wheelchair user, you're well-catered for. The whole hotel is easy to navigate. (And let's be real, that matters after a long day of exploring!)

On-Site Dining? Yeah, But…

Okay, so about the restaurants and lounges inside… Not a ton. This is a Holiday Inn Express, not the Four Seasons. But, hey, there's usually a breakfast area.

Internet: The Savior of the Millennial

Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Woohoo! And it actually works. I've stayed at hotels where the Wi-Fi is slower than dial-up. But here? Pretty good. You can actually stream your Netflix, answer emails, or even (dare I say it?) work without wanting to chuck your laptop out the window. There's Internet [LAN] available too – which is great if you're old school like me. We’re talking access, access, access!

Things to Do, Ways to Relax… Or Not

Alright, listen up, because I almost lost it. The fitness center. Almost. It was small, but it had the basics. Treadmill, weights. You know the drill. I’m not a gym rat, but it was enough to get a little sweat going. The sauna, spa and steamroom were nowhere in sight, so if you are a spa person, maybe this is not it. The outdoor swimming pool was a nice perk. The pool could use a little spiffing up, sure. But hey, floating around in the sunshine after a day of battling crowds? Pure bliss. I could have spent more time there if the weather was better.

Cleanliness and Safety: My OCD Heart Slept Soundly

I’m the type of person who checks the sheets immediately and has a mini-meltdown if I find a stray hair. This place? Clean. Really clean. The anti-viral cleaning products are nice, but it’s the overall meticulousness that won me over. Rooms get sanitized between stays, and the staff seemed genuinely committed to keeping everything spotless. They had hand sanitizer everywhere.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Breakfast (and Beyond)

Okay, let's talk food. I mentioned the breakfast, right? Breakfast [buffet] is the real deal. Yes, it’s a buffet, so expectations need to be in check, but it was hot, fresh, and kept the hunger at bay. The coffee was actually…okay. Not the best coffee ever, but definitely caffeinated.

Services and Conveniences: Where They Shine

Cash withdrawal? Check. Laundry service? Check. Luggage storage? Check. Seriously, the staff was super helpful and willing to go the extra mile. The front desk is 24-hour, which is a huge plus for any late-night arrivals or departures. They had a gift shop, but it was your typical hotel gift shop. I did find some interesting souvenirs.

Rooms: The Nitty Gritty

The rooms themselves are comfortable, the decor is fine - nothing to write home about, but clean and functional. You get air conditioning (essential for Texas!). You've got your coffee/tea maker, fridge, and the beds…ahhh, the beds. They're comfy. Pillows were fluffy, the sheets were clean. I slept like a baby. It has the basics you need for a good night sleep.

For the kids

Family/child friendly.

Getting around
  • Car park [free of charge]
  • Car park [on-site]
  • Elevator
  • Taxi service
My Biggest Takeaway

This Holiday Inn Express in Fort Worth is comfortable, clean, and convenient. This isn’t the sexiest hotel, sure. But it's a solid, reliable choice in a great location. I didn’t experience any bad smells, there was no sketchy vibe. I left feeling rested and ready to take on the world (or at least, the Cowtown part of it!).

The Deal:

Book your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Downtown Fort Worth and let's get this straight!

  • Best Price Guarantee: Find a lower price elsewhere? They'll match it.
  • Free Breakfast: Fuel up for your adventures.
  • Free Wi-Fi: Because you need your Insta fix.
  • Prime Location: Steps from Sundance Square, restaurants, and nightlife.

Click here to book your hotel today!

Unbelievable WIFI! Luxury Mines Lake Stay You WON'T Believe!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Worth Downtown By IHG United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandmother's travel itinerary. This is a DISASTER waiting to happen disguised as, hopefully, a fun trip to Fort Worth. We're talking Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown, baby! Sounds fancy, right? We'll see about that…

The Official, Utterly Chaotic Fort Worth Adventure (A.K.A. Trying Not to Lose Our Sanity)

Day 1: Arrival, Regret, and a Burger the Size of My Head

  • 1:00 PM - Arrival at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW): Ugh, airports. The smell of stale coffee, the anxiety of the security line, and the constant threat of someone coughing directly on your face. Already feeling the urge to order room service and never, ever leave. Finding the rental car - Praying they didn't assign me a minivan. I swear, if I end up in a minivan, I'm turning around and going home.

    Anecdote: Okay, so getting the rental car. The clerk, bless his heart, looked like he'd seen a ghost. Turns out they were out of the SUV I requested. "Sir, we're unfortunately out of the SUV you requested. Would you like a minivan?" A minivan?! My soul wept. I gritted my teeth and mumbled something about needing space for… well, for strategically hiding from the world. The minivan it was, apparently. This is the beginning of my downfall.

  • 2:30 PM - Check-in at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Worth Downtown: "Suite." Ha. I'm expecting a shoebox with a view of the parking lot. Hopefully, the AC works. I need a cold blast, and a stiff drink.

    Quirky Observation: The lobby is…beige. Beige carpet, beige walls, beige furniture. I'm pretty sure the houseplants in the corner are beige as well. This is either incredibly efficient for blending in, or an artistic crime.

  • 3:00 PM - Unpack (or Attempt to): Did I pack too much? Probably. Knowing me, yes. I'm the king (or queen) of overpacking. I brought enough clothes to clothe a small village. This always happens.

  • 4:00 PM - Venturing out (a little): I'm already regretting the "downtown" part. Does "downtown" imply city? And therefore, people? And therefore, more…things to go wrong? Okay, deep breaths. We'll start with something easy. Food. Food is always the answer. Specifically, a giant honking burger.

  • 4:30 PM - Dinner at [Local Burger Joint – TBD but I'll find one with good reviews and maybe some local beers]: Research is key. I'm envisioning a burger so big, I can barely wrap my hands around it. And maybe some fried pickles. If the burger is mediocre, I'll weep openly in public.

    Emotional Reaction: Burger. Burger is good. Fried pickles. Beer. This is why I travel. This is what life is all about!

  • 7:00 PM - Attempting cultural enrichment: If I have the energy, maybe a stroll around Sundance Square. Or maybe Netflix in the beige room. The thought of more people is, frankly, exhausting.

  • 8:00 PM - Bedtime: The real purpose of this trip. Sleeping. Because I'm exhausted.

Day 2: Cattle, Cowboys, and Catastrophe

  • 9:00 AM - Breakfast at hotel (Free!): "Free" breakfast is always a gamble. I’m expecting questionable scrambled eggs and a vague sense of existential dread. But hey, it's free. That's the motto of our world.

  • 10:00 AM - Fort Worth Stockyards: This is the "must-do" thing everyone raves about. I'm steeling myself for crowds, overly enthusiastic tourists, and the distinct possibility of getting pooped on by a steer. I'm not even joking.

    Anecdote/Imperfection: Okay, so the Stockyards. It's…intense. The smell of, um, farm animal, is thick in the air. And yes, I was almost trampled by a gaggle of overly excited tourists trying to grab a picture with a longhorn. I swear someone's cowboy hat fell on the ground and ran away. I did manage to see the cattle drive. It was…okay. I'm not sure if I needed to see this, but now I have. Mission accomplished.

  • 12:00 PM - Lunch at [Stockyards Restaurant – TBD, hoping for something good]: I’m hoping for some authentic Texan food. That means BBQ. No, scratch that. Not really. BBQ is the only thing I'm picky about. I'll have to make it a hard-to-find location, a hidden gem.

  • 1:30 PM - Shopping?: I'll wander. Look at the shops. Avoid the people. I'm just trying to get through the day, people.

  • 3:00 PM - The Fort Worth Botanic Garden: I'm hoping for some peace and quiet. Lush greenery, maybe a bench. The idea of peace is a strong desire.

Day 3: Museum Mania and the Grand Finale (Maybe)

  • 9:00 AM - Breakfast (again!): Same free breakfast, different day. I'm hoping the eggs have improved. I doubt it.

  • 10:00 AM - Fort Worth Museum of Science and History: I'll be honest. I'm going to be a bit of a grumpy museum-goer. But I'll give it a try. Museums… I'd much rather be sleeping.

    Emotional Reaction: Okay, I'm going to be real here. I ended up going to a very uninteresting museum of…something. I don't remember what. The thought of a museum fills me with dread. I hate this. My feet hurt. Someone touched me. I want to go home.

  • 12:00 PM - Lunch: Something fast. Something quick. Somewhere. Somewhere I can be alone. Sandwich.

  • 1:00 PM - Back to the hotel: Maybe a nap?

  • 2:00 PM - Pool?: If they have a pool. I hope they didn't leave this out of the marketing.

  • 4:00 PM - Last meal?

  • 5:00 PM - Go Home: It's time. I'm tired. I'm done.

Final Thoughts:

This itinerary is a suggestion, more of a guideline. Things WILL go wrong. I fully embrace the chaos. That's the fun of it, right? Or at least, that's what I tell myself. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to locate my phone and book a flight home early.

Hagerstown's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review (You Won't Believe This!)

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Worth Downtown By IHG United States

Fort Worth Holiday Inn Express: The *Unfiltered* Guide (Prepare Yourself)

Okay, so you’re thinking Holiday Inn Express, Downtown FW? Buckle up, buttercups. I've been. I've survived. Here's the lowdown, warts and all (and trust me, there are some…adorable warts).

Is this place REALLY downtown? I'm picturing tumbleweeds...

YES! Seriously, yes. It’s smack dab in the middle of everything. You’re practically tripping over the Fort Worth Convention Center (which, let's be honest, can be a good or bad thing depending on the trade show). You're a stone's throw from Sundance Square - hello, fancy restaurants and people-watching! I mean, you can *walk* (gasp!) to stuff. That's a win in Texas, people. One time, I was stumbling back from a rodeo (don’t judge, it was…cultural immersion) and I *almost* made it back without needing a rideshare. Almost. So, yeah. Location: A+ (provided you can handle the sometimes-intense downtown buzz).

The breakfast…is it the same sad story as every other HIE? Eggs, sausage, and despair?

Okay, confession: I LIVE for hotel breakfasts. And this one…it's alright. Let's just say it's the reliable friend who's always there, even if you're not *thrilled* to see them. The usual suspects are present: the suspiciously yellow scrambled eggs, the slightly rubbery sausage, the waffle maker (a lifesaver, honestly), and the *unending* supply of sugary cereal. BUT! The coffee is surprisingly decent, and sometimes, just sometimes, they'll throw in fresh fruit. Bonus points for the staff who keep everything relatively clean, even when dealing with a horde of hungry conference-goers. I once saw a guy hoard a stack of waffles so high…it was like a fluffy architectural marvel. Made me laugh, it did.

What are the rooms actually LIKE? I'm not expecting the Ritz, but…

They're… fine. Cleanish. Functional. Mine always seems to have a faint smell of cleaning products mixed with that "hotel air" that seems to cling to everything. The beds are usually comfy enough to collapse into after a long day of, well, whatever you're doing in Fort Worth. The bathrooms are standard; don't expect a spa experience. The AC works, which is crucial in Texas. The furniture… it’s not going to win any design awards. Think “practical.” Think “beige.” But hey, you’re not there to redecorate, are you? One time, I swear, the TV remote *disappeared* into the Bermuda Triangle of the room. Found it under the bed, three hours later. A fun little scavenger hunt, as I call it.

Noise levels: Am I going to be kept awake by… everything?

This is downtown, so, yeah. Expect some noise. Traffic, sirens, late-night revelers…it's the city. You'll hear it. Earplugs are your friend. I'm a light sleeper, and I always request a room as far away from the street as possible. Sometimes it works; sometimes, not so much. One night, there was a particularly enthusiastic band playing outside. Let's just say I got a **very** up-close and personal experience with their musical stylings. (And, yes, I considered throwing something out the window. But I didn't. Mostly.) If you're a princess (or a prince!) of quiet, consider bringing a white noise machine, or possibly, staying in a more… secluded locale.

What about the staff? Are they… nice?

Generally, yes! They're usually friendly and helpful. I've had good experiences. They’ve always been patient with my frantic requests (like, "Do you have a spare phone charger?!"). They do their best. They’re probably dealing with a LOT. One time, I saw a front desk clerk single-handedly solve a crisis involving a lost credit card, a screaming toddler, and a very hangry business traveler. They deserve a medal. (I think they are pretty nice... they may not always be *super* perky, but I get that. Dealing with people can be…a lot.)

Parking: Is it a NIGHTMARE?

Yes. Welcome to downtown. Parking is usually extra, and it’s often…tricky. The hotel has its own parking garage, but it fills up. I recommend looking for deals. Be prepared to walk a little. I've learned to factor in extra time for the parking shuffle. It's an adventure. (Okay, sometimes it's a mildly infuriating adventure.) The worst time for parking is, naturally, during big events. Plan ahead. Reserve your space if you can. And seriously, consider Uber or Lyft if you're not feeling the parking stress. It will save your sanity, I promise. I swear, once I spent 45 minutes circling the block looking for a spot. 45 minutes! Finally, I parked a mile away. It was character-building.

Overall, would you actually recommend this place? Is it REALLY the BEST downtown hotel?

Okay, deep breath. BEST? Hmm... that's a loaded question. Let's be real: it’s a solid, reliable choice. It's not the fanciest, it's not the most luxurious, and it's not the quietest. But it's clean, it’s well-located, and the staff is generally good. It's a great option for cost. If you need a no-frills, convenient basecamp for exploring downtown Fort Worth, and don't need all the bells and whistles, then YES, I absolutely recommend it. I’ve stayed there multiple times, and I’ll stay there again. Just manage your expectations, pack your earplugs, and embrace the slightly chaotic, but undeniably vibrant, energy of downtown. And for the love of all that is holy, bring a phone charger. You'll thank me later. I give it a solid 7.5/10.

Stay Collective

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Worth Downtown By IHG United States

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Worth Downtown By IHG United States