
Unbelievable Ocean Views: Seawave Beppu Hotel - Your Dream Japanese Getaway!
Unbelievable Ocean Views: Seawave Beppu Hotel - My Brain Exploded (in a Good Way)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I’m about to spill the tea (and maybe some miso soup) on the Seawave Beppu Hotel. "Dream Japanese Getaway"? Don't even get me started. It's less "dream" and more "like stumbling into a Studio Ghibli film… after consuming a whole box of Pocky." Let's dive in, shall we?
First Impressions: The View… Dear God, The View!
Seriously, the "Unbelievable Ocean Views" part of the name isn't hyperbole. It's not a marketing ploy. It's a goddamn promise. The moment I stepped into my room, my jaw hit the floor harder than a clumsy geisha attempting a cartwheel. This wasn't just a pretty view, this was a panoramic, heart-stopping, let-you-forget-all-your-worldly-worries kind of view. Years of Zoom calls vanished in an instant. Forget the world; I just wanted to be in that view, inhaling the salty air and letting the ocean's rhythm wash over me. Pure bliss. (And yes, I definitely sat there for a solid hour, just… staring.)
Accessibility & The Little Things (That Make a Big Difference)
Now, I'm not in a wheelchair myself, but I always appreciate a hotel that gets accessibility. And Seawave Beppu? They seem to actually care. Facilities for disabled guests are listed (yesss!), and the elevator is a lifesaver, not just for accessibility, but for lugging your suitcase after a flight, or you know, just because you can. They've also got facilities for disabled guests(Again! High Five!), I saw a bunch of thoughtful considerations I wouldn’t even have thought of. Excellent.
Safety First, Fun Later (But Definitely Fun!)
Listen, no one wants to think about this stuff, but it's important in our current world. Seawave Beppu takes safety seriously. They have CCTV in common areas and outside the property, fire extinguishers strategically placed, and smoke alarms in all the rooms. They've got a 24-hour front desk and security. Feels secure. And, let's not forget the hand sanitizer stations strategically placed everywhere.
And the staff? They're trained in safety protocol, and everything feels clean. They seem to have thought of pretty much everything: Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, hot water linen and laundry washing, and they've even got room sanitization opt-out available. They've hit the mark with Hygiene certification, and Professional-grade sanitizing services. They make you feel safe, and that's a huge win. Bonus points for the doctor/nurse on call – just in case!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Bring Your Appetite!
Okay, let's talk food. This is where the hotel truly shines. I'm a buffet kind of guy. A breakfast buffet is my happy place. And this one? Magnificent. Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, all kinds of deliciousness. I ate so much I nearly had to be rolled out. And the coffee…forget Starbucks, the coffee/tea in restaurant was better than anything I've had in ages. They had A la carte, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, and even a Vegetarian restaurant. If you like variety, and a full belly, then this place delivers. My personal highlight? The Poolside bar. Sipping a cold beer with that ocean view? I'm in heaven. And the Happy hour? Let's just say I saw a lot of sunsets.
And you know me, I need my snacks! They have a Snack bar and a Coffee shop, just in case a major crave hits. You can even get Room service [24-hour].
Ways to Relax (Because You Will Need Them)
Okay, after eating way too much, it’s time to unwind. And Seawave Beppu? They get relaxation. The Pool with a view is stunning. The Sauna is the perfect way to sweat out all the toxins (and maybe a few of those extra dumplings). They have a Spa and Spa/sauna, and a Steamroom!
I treated myself to a massage (worth every single yen!), and they have Body scrub and Body wrap. You have to enjoy the Foot bath at some point, because come on, how Japanese is that! They also have a Gym/fitness center, so if you're feeling guilty about all the food, you can work off some of those calories.
For the Kids (And the Kid in You)
Family/child friendly is a definite check here. The hotel has Kids facilities, and possibly even a Babysitting service (check with the hotel!). So, parents, you can finally relax, grab a drink, and enjoy that view!
Rooms: Your Personal Ocean-View Sanctuary
My room… oh, my room. It wasn’t just a place to sleep; it was a sanctuary. Non-smoking (thank goodness!), and the soundproofing kept the noise out. The Air conditioning kept me cool, and the blackout curtains allowed me to sleep in (I needed it!). The bed? Super comfy (you get an extra long bed, if you need it) and had linens that felt like a cloud.
The bathroom was clean and well-equipped, with a separate shower/bathtub. And that window that opens? Perfect for letting in the ocean breeze. And the free Wi-Fi? Crucial for sharing those Instagram-worthy photos of the view (duh!). They even have Complimentary tea and Free bottled water. They’ve thought of everything. The seating area, desk and laptop workspace made it easy to pretend to work (I'm kidding… sort of).
Services and Conveniences: They Really Do Think of Everything!
From the Concierge to the Doorman, the staff here goes above and beyond. They have Currency exchange, a Convenience store, they even have Cash withdrawal. They offer Laundry service and Dry cleaning. They provide Daily housekeeping, as well. If you need a Taxi service or Airport transfer, you are covered.
Getting Around is easy. You have Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site], Bicycle parking. If you want to be extra, there's even Valet parking.
Internet & Connectivity:
You are covered here. There's Wi-Fi [free] in every room. There's Internet access – wireless and Internet access – LAN if that’s your preferred way to connect.
Things to Do (Besides Staring at the Ocean)
Okay, I know you want to stare at the view all day, but, you know… explore! There's a Shrine nearby, if you're feeling spiritual.
The Verdict: Go. Just Go.
Look, I'm not one for hyperbole (okay, maybe I am a little). But seriously, the Seawave Beppu Hotel blew my mind. The view alone is worth the price of admission. The staff is lovely, the food is amazing, and the feeling of peace I got there is worth more than all the gold in Fort Knox (or at least a really nice holiday).
So, here’s the deal:
Unbelievable Ocean Views: Seawave Beppu Hotel - Your Dream Japanese Getaway!
Offer: Book your stay at Unbelievable Ocean Views: Seawave Beppu Hotel within the next 30 days and get a complimentary upgrade to an ocean-view room (subject to availability) AND a free bottle of local sake upon arrival. Also, use code "OCEANBLISS" at checkout for 10% off your entire stay!
Why Book Now? Because the view is calling, the sake is waiting, and you deserve a break from the world. You deserve that view. Go. Now. I'll be jealous. But happy for you. Really.
Escape to Paradise: Hipotels Gran Playa de Palma Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain’t your Grandma Mildred’s perfectly-organized itinerary. This is… me, in Beppu, wrestling with jet lag, onsen water, and the general absurdity of being a solo traveler. Hotel Seawave, here I come! (Or, I hope I'm here coming.)
Day 1: Arrival, Confusion, and the Eternal Question of “Sushi or Sleep?”
1:00 PM (ish): Landed in Oita. Airport. Felt like a total cultural chameleon, lost, trying to grab a train to Beppu. Bought a pocket wifi thingamajig, the man at the counter smiled and said "Konnichiwa!" I blinked, mumbled "Arigato," and immediately regretted not practicing more basic Japanese. Already the language barrier is a brick wall I'm not sure I have the strength to scale.
3:00 PM: Arrived at Hotel Seawave after a hilariously convoluted train ride. I swear, I asked for directions three times. Finally find the Hotel. It is… imposing. Very 80s-resort-chic. But the view? Oh. My. God. Overlooking the bay. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Definitely worth the minor existential crisis I had on the train.
3:30 PM: Check in. The staff are exquisitely polite. Almost too polite. I feel like I'm perpetually about to commit some terrible infraction. The room? Simple, clean, functional. Bathroom? Tiny, with all the high-tech toilet wizardry Japan is famous for. It flushes itself. I’m slightly terrified.
4:00 PM: Attempt to embrace the Japanese work-ethic and go down to the onsen, but I'm suddenly plagued with self-doubt… Naked in front of strangers? Yeah, that's a hard pass right now. I'll start tomorrow.
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Stumble out of the hotel, starving. The jet lag is real. Every muscle is screaming. The sushi restaurant down the street beckons. But also, desperately, so does my bed. I ponder the meaning of life (and the optimal ratio of fish to rice). Sushi wins. (Always wins.) The chef barely speaks English, but his fish creations are a work of art. I devoured them, regretting nothing. The best sushi? Maybe. The only sushi I've had today? Definitely.
8:30 PM: Back in the hotel room. I'm so tired I could cry. The bed is calling. But the beautiful Beppu by the Sea is still calling me, the lights dancing on the water. I fight to sit up, and… THUD I have collapsed on my bed. Sleep. Must. Sleep.
Day 2: Onsen Debacles, Geothermal Wonders, and the Unexpected Joys of Egg-Flavored Ice Cream.
7:00 AM: My sleep was good, but I am a wreck. Wake up. Drag myself to the onsen. Seriously, steeling myself is an understatement. "Okay, this is a cultural experience! Embrace it! You're a sophisticated traveller!" I whisper to my shaking self. The women's onsen is… fine. A little awkward at first. Then… pure, unadulterated bliss. The hot water melts away the stiffness. I end up chatting with a kind old woman who kept giggling at my (very) minimal Japanese. She taught me the proper way to wash (spoiler alert: not how I was doing it). Actually leaving the onsen proved harder than getting in. I could've stayed there all day!
9:30 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. The buffet is a sight to behold! Oddly, I'm utterly fascinated by the pickled ginger. And the miso soup? The best I've ever had! I ate way too much.
10:30 AM - 3:00 PM: Geothermal Hell Tour - literally. This is going to be the highlight of my trip.
Umi Jigoku (Sea Hell): The stunningly blue pond. Hot as blazes, but beautiful. I take so many pictures. Seriously, I think I might have taken more photos of this pond than I have of my own family.
Chinoike Jigoku (Blood Pond Hell): Less gorgeous, more… apocalyptic. The smell of sulfur is intense, but the red mud is mesmerizing. Like something from another planet.
Kamado Jigoku (Cooking Pot Hell): More cute than terrifying. Little statues. Steam. I feel like I've stepped into a Miyazaki film.
Oniishibozu Jigoku (Shaven Monk Head Hell): The grey mud bubbles look like the heads of shaven monks. It's… unnerving, and fascinating at the same time. I watched it for ages, and I wondered what the monks thought of the heat.
3:00 PM: Okay, this is where things get weird. I stumble across a little shop. And there it is. Egg-flavored ice cream. Seriously. I stare at it, transfixed. I'm not sure if this is brave, or utterly stupid. I take a bite. The texture is creamy. The flavor? Subtle. And strangely… addictive. I buy another one. Then another. No regrets. Zero.
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Walk along the seaside towards the town's center. Beppu is an interesting place. A little gritty, a little charming, a lot of onsen smoke curling into the sky. The shops are full of amazing crafts and quirky souvenirs. I buy a teapot shaped like a teapot.
7:00 PM: Dinner at some tiny ramen place. The broth is rich and flavorful. The pork is tender. I’m starting to feel like I’m actually living in this country, not just visiting.
8:00 PM: Back at the hotel. I'm exhausted again! But with a different kind of exhaustion. The good kind. The "I've actually done things today" kind. I'm sitting on my balcony, overlooking the bay, with a cup of tea (and maybe… just maybe… another egg-flavored ice cream). The city lights twinkle. Japan, you weird, wonderful country, you've stolen my heart (and probably, my stomach).
Day 3: Exploration, Reflection, and the Realization That I Could Probably Live Here.
9:00 AM: Second round onsen! More confident this time I meet a woman from Germany, and we sit and chat for an hour. This made the onsen a thousand times better.
10:30 AM: Hike up to the Takasakiyama Natural Zoo. The monkeys are cute and terrifying. They’re basically little human-analogues, with all the flaws. I watched them for hours. They are endlessly entertaining and gave me all the feels.
1:00 PM: Lunch, I found a real gem… a small, family-run restaurant serving the most beautiful tempura I've ever had. Crispy, light, perfect. I ate so much, I could barely move.
2:30 PM - 4:00 PM: Wander around the town center, exploring shops, and stumbling upon tiny temples. The old architecture is beautiful. I keep thinking: "Could I actually live here?"
- I go to the local market and buy a wooden carving. It's a monkey. Of course.
4:30 PM: Final Onsen: Yes, one more time! I actually know what I'm doing this time.
6:00 PM: Find this amazing restaurant I'd heard about. It serves the most delicious local cuisine I've ever had. The flavors – the fresh fish, the perfectly cooked vegetables, the delicate sauces – are a revelation. I savor every bite.
7:30 PM: Back in my hotel room. Watching the sunset over the bay. Maybe not as bad as I thought it would be.
8:00 PM: I have a deep, long thought about all the things I've experienced. I've never been more at peace than I am now. I love these people, this food, and this country.
- I think about my flight tomorrow home. And I instantly want to cry.
9:30 PM: Pack. Sigh. Tomorrow, sadly, I leave. But I know, deep down, that I'll be back. Beppu, you glorious, geothermal, egg-ice-cream-filled paradise, until next time.

Unbelievable Ocean Views: Seawave Beppu Hotel - Your Dream Japanese Getaway! (Or Is It?) - FAQs: Real Talk Edition
Okay, Seriously... Is the View *Really* That Good? Like, Instagram-Worthy Good?
Alright, let's cut the crap. The view? Hells. Yes. When they say "unbelievable ocean views," they're not kidding. I'm talking, like, *jaw-dropping* sunsets over the Beppu Bay that'll make you question your entire life's purpose (in a good way, usually). My first morning? I practically tripped over myself trying to get to the balcony before the sun painted the sky. Absolutely breathtaking. I mean it. My partner, bless her heart, was still snoring. Missed a golden opportunity. The photos? Yeah, they look amazing. But let me tell you, they don't *even* capture the raw, glorious, *unfiltered* beauty of it. You'll be snapping pics like a madman/madwoman.
Pro Tip: Book the room with the jacuzzi. Trust me on this one. Watching the sunset from a hot tub, sake in hand? Pure. Bliss. (Just remember to bring your own bubbles unless you want to awkwardly ask the front desk, trust me, I know).
What about the Rooms? Are They Actually Nice, or Just Filled with Tiny Asian Furniture?
Okay, room quality is a mixed bag. The 'standard' rooms... well, they're… functional. Think clean, perfectly adequate. I swear the futons are so close to the floor it's like sleeping on a cloud. The lack of space is a classic Japanese thing. But the deluxe options? Those are worth the splurge. Spacious, modern, and you still get that *eye-watering* ocean view. The bathroom? Seriously, you'll feel like you're living in a spa.
My Room-Nightmare Story: One time, I had a tiny room that faced the carpark. The only sound was the constant drone of the air conditioning. The *noise*! Do yourself a giant favour and avoid that like the plague. Learnt my lesson the hard way.
Food! What's the Grub Situation Like? Please tell me it's not just seaweed and rice.
Listen, I love a good plate of seaweed and rice. But, no. The food at Seawave Beppu is generally pretty darn fantastic. The breakfasts are a HUGE plus. A massive buffet to power you well into lunchtime. Loads of Japanese breakfast staples (fish, miso soup, rice), plus a few Western options (though the "Western-style bacon" is... well, you know. It is what it is).
The hotel restaurant? Okay, it’s a bit... formal. But the seafood is incredible (because, ocean, duh!). Just be prepared for the occasional slight language barrier. Pointing at the menu works wonders. And the prices? Not cheap, not ridiculously expensive. Somewhere in the middle. Be prepared to leave stuffed.
Onsen time: How's the Traditional Japanese Bath experience? Is it awkward as hell?
Let’s be honest, the first time I did an onsen, I felt like I'd wandered onto a nudist colony. Buck naked, surrounded by other people, all (mostly) happily bathing. The initial awkwardness? HUGE. But honestly? It's quickly overridden by the sheer RELAXATION. The ones at Seawave are excellent. You've got indoor and outdoor options (outdoor being the absolute star), with panoramic ocean views. The water's hot, soothing, and smells faintly of... sulfur, I guess? But in a pleasant, "I'm being cleansed" kind of way.
Pro tip for the Onsen virgin: They provide small towels – use those to cover your modesty. Also, wash *before* you get in the bath. And *for the love of all that is holy*, don't stare. Just... relax. And if you happen to see a wrinkled old man with the most incredible back tattoo you've ever seen (true story), just appreciate it, and look away. It will be a lot less awkward that way.
Beppu is known for its "Hells" - Can the Hotel Help Me Get There?
Yes! The hotel can absolutely help you. They're well-versed in tourist stuff and can arrange tours, and even offer maps of the Hells (which are, by the way, incredible – think bubbling mud pits, vivid colours, steam everywhere). It's a short taxi ride away, or you can try the bus (which is a whole other adventure, involving a lot of nodding and hoping for the best). The hotel staff are pretty good with English (better than my Japanese, that's for sure), so don't be afraid to ask for help. They do this all day long, every day.
Is It Kid-Friendly? I'm Travelling with Little Terrors...
Honestly? Mixed bag. The hotel is generally pretty accommodating. They have family rooms, and Japanese people are inherently polite and patient when dealing with kids. However... this isn't Disneyland. There aren't specifically kid-focused activities. The onsen is definitely not for kids (unless they’re very well-behaved and past the toddler stage). Also, the hotel is quite formal in places. So, if you have small, energetic children prone to running amok and screaming, you might want to brace yourself for a few disapproving (but still polite) glances. It *can* be done, but be prepared for a bit of extra effort. Consider the luxury suites, they have WAY more space.
Childhood memory alert My own kids (who are total terrors, frankly) were *obsessed* with the vending machines. They'd spend hours just pressing buttons, which would have been cute. Still, I had to put an allowance on it!
Any Annoying Little Quirks I Should Know About?
Oh, yes. Every hotel has its quirks. The mini bar is *expensive.* And let me tell you, after a long day of sightseeing, that ice-cold beer looks REALLY tempting. Also, room service menu is limited. Bring snacks. The Wi-Fi can be a bit spotty at times (though it's usually fine). And, this is a minor complaint, but the pillows are sometimes ridiculously hard. Bring your own if you have specific preferences (or just ask for an extra one). And lastly, Be prepared for the odd loud Karaoke session.
Overall, Is This Place Worth It? Should I Book?

